Posts by slantedview

Any pics of this mod? The original pics are dead.
Ping me if sale falls through...
I'm looking for a desktop (can be portable as well) amp / dac combo for < $300 (ideally) that sounds better than the audio straight out of my MacBook Pro. I just auditioned a NuForce Dia, which I had bought to power some desktop speakers and also used it for a headphone amp. Honestly, I could not tell the difference between the output of my MacBook when powering headphones. Previously I had an iBasso D2+ which did sound a bit better, but only a bit. So I'm wondering is...
ttt
ttt
For sale, an iBasso D2+ BOA portable DAC / Amp combo, silver color. This thing hasn't seen much use and is in mint condition.    Includes original box with cable, AC adapter, protective pouch, warranty card, and mini adapter. Price is shipped within the continental US!!   ----   - Wolfson WM8740 DAC Chip + TI PCM2706 - USB signal input, provides I2S interface for decoding - Works as a DAC+AMP Combo, a standalone AMP, or standalone DAC (Line out...
Looking for a NuForce Icon 2. PM me!
Old'ish thread, but I just came across it.   The problem with the WD TV Live is that it downsamples all audio to 44khz, and even worse - it applies about 8db gain to audio! This results in subtle distortion in a lot of music, and horrible horrible horrible distortion with certain music. It's obviously not so much that most people have noticed, but it's definitely there, it's been measured by some folks at avsforum. For me, I first noticed it when listening to a track...
Just received 'em, and gave them an initial listen. Initial reaction: VERY NICE! More listening to come, but I'm pretty damn happy. Fit seems fine too on the first attempt. Bass test - Fiest - The Water - Excellent Mids test - Jeff Buckley - Grace - Excellent Highs test - Magnet - Where Happiness Lives - Very nice w00t!
Quote: Originally Posted by ericp10 I doubt it will affect mine. Mine are coming from Arizona..... ditto. i live in CA and UPS says they went from Arizona to Kentucky