Posts by daigo

I liked the EC BA with W3000ANV's but you may want to consider an in-line resistor if you want to have a little more control for the volume pot.  Powered directly, they can get really loud with at a low setting. 
 I spent some time with Luis at the SF meet up earlier this year when he had the Paradox and Slant for demo'ing.  People like different sound signatures and my preferred sound signature has always been a more mid-centric can that handles vocals and guitar well while having enough bass response and soundstage to keep it interesting.  Paradox are very neutral, with nice crisp highs, but I felt the mids were a little recessed as a result.  Slants bump the mids up a bit with...
I'm not a huge fan of white teas.  Very subtle flavors so you need to be careful with water temperature while brewing and you get maybe 2-3 resteepings.  Definitely expensive as you say.  I bought 50g of Jun shan silver needles to try it out for around $35.  Delicate and lovely fragrance as leaves and for first steeping, but quickly fades.  
I don't have experience purchasing from either web site, but clay pots are nice for brewing tea.  Since they are unfinished, the pots are porous and will gradually absorb the tea you brew in them and will contribute flavor to the next pot you brew.  However, as you're aware of since you're thinking of getting separate pots for green and black tea, you will not be able to brew all types of tea in the same pot as you would be allowing it to absorb all different types of tea...
I thought it was a little overrated when I visited Chicago last year...  Way too much cheese for my liking.
For the moment, I still tend to use my W3000ANV more than my Enigmas but I've been listening to more female vocals than anything else lately which is where the W3000ANV works better for me.  
Where in Oakland?  I might be interested in swinging by tomorrow to pick it up since I work in Dublin and live in South San Francisco.  
That does look nice.  Perhaps being an early adopter for the Suji finish limited my options.  
Scribbles notes for a possible trip to Japan next winter.  Was planning to combine a week in Hokkaido to snowboard with a week hitting Tokyo/Kyoto.