Posts by ProtegeManiac

http://www.transcendentsound.com/Amplifier_Output_Impedance.html  It has a high enough sensitivity to not need more power, although what you might have problems with, again, is output impedance. Even some good speaker amps for example have a high output impedance on the headphone jack. My NAD 304 made my Grado SR225 sound like a tin can.
 No my point actually is that the V20 might not be too bad compared to having the A3 to help it if the 96dB on the product page of the Custom One Pro is "96dB at 1mW," as opposed to "96dB at 1mV." In other words you might not get a lot of improvement with the A3. Neither did I say get something else better than the A3, rather, if it's good enough now then don't blow another $50 on the A3. Something that kind of helps when you're "on the hook" for $600.
 A5 is a headphone amplifier only device. It does not have a DAC. Some DAC-HPamp units have a line in so you can use whatever else you have - ex you upgraded your phone, and poof, USB OTG/CCK doesn't work - with it. For desktop units, this is either because the DAC is a very basic (usually USB) DAC circuit, or to allow at least one analogue input, like a  TT.  If it's via the smartphone's 3.5mm jack, then yes.  Yes.  Fiio Q1. Or wait for the Ibasso D-Zero Mk3 or Fiio Q5.
 That's kind of the reason why some people go with custom fit IEMs.  One way to look at it is how many people went through the same decision and how few had that problem. Start a new thread specifically asking about that, maybe have a poll also.  You could just gamble on that one if it seems to have all the bass response you want. Maybe send them an email to verify if that indeed boosts the bass as opposed to just making sure it extends as far down as possible for a wide,...
 You're giving it enough clean power already so it's not a problem with the amp. Why not just use Equalizer APO on your computer and use these settings: 20hz, +4dB30hz, +2dB45hz, +1dB60hz, +2dB75hz, +2dB90hz, +4dB (if not enough try these too)125hz, +2dB 400hz, +2dB1500hz, +2dB2000hz, +4dB2500hz, +2dB Basically designed to put up a bass plateau extending from just under 100hz down to almost 20hz.   You can try the Little Dot MkII, or some other OTL amps (although this is...
  Just approximate 250ohms as slightly lower (OTL) or higher (any other topology) than 300ohm output.  They're driven by a low voltage battery that the manufacturer needs to be able to run for a reasonable time rather than have a Lisa amp on their hands that is humoungous and yet burns through its charge after about three hours. That's like expecting Lotus Exige performance of a Miata. Something has to give at that point, and they decided for the sake of it being usable...
 If your source is a laptop or desktop computer, there's Equalizer APO for $0. Manually set one band to 7500hz and input -7dB. If you like the sound out of that now then you can save your money and get a Meier Jazz FF, Schiit Lyr, or even a Violectric V200 later on.    Between those I'd go with the Vali2 if you want to use it with the JH16. I  wouldn't expect it to make the sound warm enough to make Norah Jones sound like she needs to snort chicken soup with Sriracha just...
 Given the specs you just need to plug it into something with a low output impedance, and the thing is practically anything that does will make enough clean power for the SHP9500. Either you get something cheap for it now like the Fiio Q1, or save up for something else with more clean power for whatever other headphones you'd buy in the future. Or maybe both, since the Q1 wouldn't burn that large a hole through your pocket anyway.
 If the 96dB rating on the product page is sensitivity at 1mW, and given the impedance is still a manageable 80ohms (plus it's closed back, so you'd have lower ambient noise getting in vs open back), the V20 by itself might not be all that bad compared to the A3.
 AFAIK, although I could be wrong here, but I think even Woo amps come with Shuguang tubes. Those aren't actually bad tubes, it's just that for example even a reissue Mullard is known to have lower noise floor for example, and for me personally that's what I look for more than the tube absolutely just EQ-ing the sound because some very warm tubes can still be very noisy. Even some NOS tubes are like that.  That's why I'm saying go with a hybrid. You only need at most two...