Posts by ProtegeManiac

There's the likelihood that his hybrid amp only has preamped outputs, unlike the more traditional, major brand receivers with all sorts of outputs, like a Tape/Rec Out. I'd seriously consider the CS-55A though, unless he uses lower impedance headphones (have not tried any with that one yet, not even Grados).
 The relative bulk of the Wyrd will cancel out the compactness of the Fulla though. If it's going to be tied down to a desk, at home or at work, might as well stack a Modi and Magni with the Wyrd.   They can't guarantee all computers will work on it because it's not like those computers - as well as Androids - come with the singular design of OSX computers and iOS devices.
 The plug has nothing to do with it unless one plug is made out of metals that have a much lower capability to conduct an electrical signal than the other plug (which doesn't need to be made out of pure gold - in fact gold plating helps more to protect the parts that are plated more than providing any measurable differences). No need to stress over adapters either, you'd have more to worry about ergonomics and possibly damaging a socket's solder points (ie if you use a...
 Blame that on the flowery language people use for qualitative assessments. In a way that's just a single term to encompass what makes for "natural" sound - ie "organic" is the opposite of "synthetic," but whereas "natural" usually means just the tonality, "organic" includes PRAT, so basically the notes meld well into each other. I've never used "organic" btw because I'd rather say "natural, neutral tone, resulting in good, engaging PRAT." You'd think the shorthand...
  Don't just buy any speaker post to TRS converter cable, at least it has to be a 4-pin XLR (or the 4-pin TRRS), but then you'd have to wire a complimentary XLR plug on your headphone cable (ie some plugs are male, some are female). In any case, would you consider upgrading the amp to one that has a good headphone driver circuit? (that wont "retain" the exact unit, but still keeps you from having one more box there) Some manufacturers that make amps for speakers are paying...
 Forgot to mention one thing though, the Audyssey mic (as in it looks exactly like what comes with Denon HT receivers) on the PXE-H660 is extremely sensitive and can pick up road noise as errors. Even in a quiet suburb driveway or inside your garage, a noisy enough car (like your local Fast and Furious kind) can screw it up.  Apart from that though having a reference disc for it to use is a great thing when using auto-EQ; better than guesswork with ears and more convenient...
 I actually think they have too much when the earpads are all worn out. Did you even put any wear on the earpads? I even bent mine out to prevent that because that "fullness" gets to the point of bloated bass and nasal midrange when the earpads and too squished (which happens faster on the default shape of the headband).
 Get an "integration processor" like the Alpine PXE-H660 (I think this is no longer in production but you can easily find these on eBay; the H800 is too expensive). These were designed to take speaker amplifier output (like from the stock system) and then run it through its own ADC, then the digital signal is passed through the DSP where you can apply time correction, crossovers, and EQ, then back out through its DACs. It can go all the way up to a 2-way front fully active...
 I don't think there are any that use BT given nearly all of them are geared towards local storage to minimize bandwidth issues with lossless and high res, as well as the use of their own amplifiers designed to drive a wider range of headphones and IEMs with less distortion (BT bypasses the device DAC and amplifier). At best there's probably the DX100 (that might just be in the firmware interface, I'm not sure if it actually has BT hardware), and the AK players AFAIK only...
 Wow, I assumed they'd do better since they're rated at 93dB sensitivity.  Not really, generally just OTL topologies. I say "generally" because Schiit claims the Valhalla2 doesn't have that kind of handicap (not that the LD MkII had trouble with all low impedance loads - Grados work great with them).