or Connect

Posts by ProtegeManiac

It's not culture, it's the preponderance of a different housing type.  US suburbs are large and have these:   By contrast, here's HK: Manila for example might have both, ie a lot of suburbs and old residential areas around downtown (think brownstones in NY boroughs but not as nice), but there are a lot of differences and changes that are happening. First off, even with a house larger than your average US suburb in Texas (where prices ae a lot lower than California), such...
 There's one thing you might not be considering here: population density. Apart from NYC there is no city in the US that can match the population density of HK, Singapore, Jakarta, Manila, and KL, all with headphone audio stores, much less suburbs. Metro Manila alone has two such stores in two malls within 1km of each other. That means more potential customers due to the number of people, also housing type since a flat isn't as conducive to speakers as a suburban home. 
 I for one like saving cartons and optical discs because downloads and HDDs for back ups, but this is one way to illustrate what we have happening on threads like this. 
 That plug in works both ways if it can do - and + enhancements. You basically used it as a stereo enhancer. You need to use a positive % setting to actually use it as crossfeed. And yes, putting it at 100% will turn it into a mono signal depending on the width of the effect. Meier Crossfeed (hardware as on Meier amps or software as in Foobar) as well as the Crossfeed in Neutron Music Player only apply it with a high pass filter, so anything below that will not be...
 The most important detail in the comparison is whether the smartphone will struggle driving a given headphone or earphone. If you will get an in-ear monitor with a nominal impedance that isn't too low (32ohms minimum) and isn't too high either, as well as 100dB++ sensitivity, the smartphone will likely not struggle driving it so not a lot of audible distortion.
 If you really think about it though $180 isn't just for the case - the case is basically also the heatsink. Given how much a decent enough passive tower heatsink is, which would be around $60, then the case is basically $120. No fans either, unlike some cases at the same price that are huge and come with crap fans.
 Those headphones are actually 4dB/1mW more sensitive than the DT770, which means it can go considerably louder given the same power.
 Generally stronger below 1000hz than above it. If you look at a graph there would be a wide mesa/plateau below 1000hz, and any peaks above that are not higher and also narrow.    Sharp sounds in the treble that is grating to the ear, most typically manifested in "s" and "t" in lyrics as well as cymbals. Note that this isn't always due to response per se out of the drivers but due to the overall response as in the environment the drivers operate in. In a speaker set-up...
 Not just carbon footprint, there were threads before also about leaving everything running but instead of the wear and tear from switching gear on and off, it was because the threadstarters somehow think that bending over to flip a switch was just oh so much work. I mean you see people drive three blocks to the grocery store and then get handed a freaking motorized cart when they walk in, so it's not surprising that there are people who think that reaching for a switch...
 Get a DAC-HPamp but given how Macs have decent enough audio hardware for anything with reasonable impedance and sensitivity, most cheaper stuff might not make much of an improvement (and that's even if you can perceive such improvements). I have an Ibasso D-Zero and for the most part if it was just how much tighter the bass is and how much smoother high frequencies are I wouldn't bother lugging it around with my laptop, but what I really use it for at work the convenient...