Posts by ProtegeManiac

Not sure what you're describing about the cable (you mean the left to right cable? this is easier to service than how AKG hides the cable in the headband), but yeah if it's going to cost that much look for others first.   I just meant that to some it's hard to like some Superlux products when they are clearly copies of the Beyerdynamic chassis.  Not in that price range for Sennheiser and Sony; ATH-M50 for AT if you can find them anywhere at that price range, but the...
 Except one of your explanations made me doubt whether the first one actually was, as quoted above, hence my reply. And don't worry about my blood pressure, I'm already used to having people on forums misunderstand and pass on the negative attributes to others (which for all I know is what is still going on, but anyway...).
 That's still too broad a description; I haven't heard your specific IEMs but those who have need to be able to understand what you're referring to. Do you mean the music has sharp t's and s' in the lyrics, as well as the cymbals?   You mean more low, creeping bass than hard, kick-in-the-chest (if it was a subwoofer/speaker) upper range bass? ---- One thing you have to note about IEMs is that comfort needs to be your main priority; if you have one and tips to match that...
 Is it just the cable, or is that shadow inside the driver some kind of residue? In any case if it's just the cable it's easy enough to damage cables even on daily use; if there's residue inside the driver housing and they won't even need to take it apart to see it (I would have otherwise gambled the shipping cost on the chance that they also would just try to hasten the replacement processes and not look too closely) then there's really no point in posting here, you'll...
Superlux HD660 for under €50 - earpads could be a bit small and the earcups don't fold flat though, but they're cheap and good for starting with.   I have the HD330 for my gaming rig but when I'm working on my laptop I use it instead of my HD600. Surprisingly good actually. You'd have to get over them ripping off Beyerdynamic though (but hey, earpads and driver foam covers are easier to find).
 Gee whiz I must be dead then. Oh wait, I'm typing...I am...The Typing Dead - Monday nights on Head-Fi.  And you're coming off like you just went into Hulk Troll mode. You claim we'd throw out the speakers thanks to an app, I elaborated on the differences, you replied with an example, I elaborated again on why "room feel" would be problematic on headphones(1), then you go totally sarcastic on on paragraph followed by an angry rant that obviously was not really paying...
 Watts as in amplifier output isn't all that determines the loudness, there's also the sensitivity and efficiency of the drivers. A 95dB driver getting 10watts will still be louder than an 85dB driver getting 20watts for example. Besides these are all battery powered, if any of them was making upwards of 15watts even with a Class D amp and you start playing while salting the steaks, the battery would need to be huge just so it lasts until after you've finished the beer. 
 The headband frames on the Beyers and Senns can be bent to reduce or reorient the clamp (ie in the HD6x0 the clamp is a touch stronger on the lower part of the earpads thanks to the too round headband frame).
 Well what don't you like about the VSD5?
 Just checked Amazon - even for $179 I wouldn't buy the Mini considering I'd still have to spend on shipping. If all I was going to spend was (like if I can get it locally for the equivalent of) $150 I'd consider it, but the regular price is a whopping $320. I'd rather just get the Trek Max for that kind of dough (is that the same as the A33?). That's the price now - when it was new it was more like $370. I personally think the only way to get $200's worth is to just DIY...