Posts by ProtegeManiac

A lot of DAC-HPamps have optical inputs, but usually just one. Look up AudioGD - they have a number of those on their site, and AFAIK some have more than one optical input.   I'm not sure how it works with the PS4, but in a PC if you send it out through SPDIF from the soundcard or the motherboard, or even a USB soundcard, provided any of thsoe you use has a DSP chip that has a compatible virtual surround software, will pass along a virtual surround signal through SPDIF.
 Add to that the Asgard; the Meier Cantate, Headfive, Stepdance, and the USB DAC-HPamps; also the Burson Conductor and Soloist. For DAPs, there's the DX100 and X5 (haven't tried the DX50 and X3 on it). For a list of the ones I know that sound a little "slow," or make old earpads sound much, much worse, I listed them down at post #2.
 I haven't yet, although it gets good reviews. The reason why I mentioned the Jazz instead is because I've listened to the older amps with somewhat similar designs, and of course the most significant change in the Jazz (and Classic) is the digitally-controlled potentiometer with an analog input for control (the product page has a clearer description of it). Of course, I wouldn't really think the Rock would sound drastically different, as Meier amps tend to not have a sound...
 Can you even hear beyond 20,000hz? If you can't it won't mean any difference. Even if you did, it won't be too far beyond 20khz - I can only hear a little bit past 22khz. Also technically speaking many amps and DACs actually have well beyond 20khz, except sometimes they don't bother to state it because 1) it's far out of human hearing or 2) the response is already much lower. When it comes to transducers and you listen to designs that go up to 40khz and you notice they...
 That's why I arrive at the meets early, and I don't audition each headphone at only one meet. We have more than one every year.
 That's weird - my HD600 does fine with a drummer doing double-pedal beats and a bassist slapping the strings with the thumb and pinkie in quick succession. Not any slower than the K701. Then again I don't listen to EDM save for what when there was a subgenre called "house," and when the CDs came with a cartoon bikini girl on a beach, and the bass decay on those aren't slow in my set-up. Note though that I wear mine kind of loose (seven clicks out on each side, although...
 You're forgetting that some people might have a large enough community within a small area and therefore hold meets more often, like metro areas here in Asia (although admittedly there are times when I suspect that hype drives impressions), and the meets being relatively convenient to set-up, we go through several tracks at least without necessarily rushing the entire time. If anything, the problem with that system is altogether different: if you're like the sixth person...
 I got to try a friend's E-MU too, and to me it seemed like it confused "flat response" with "flattened dynamic range." It sounded too lazy for me - there's no verve to the music, percussion sounded hollow (like how the drums sound on Nightwish's Angels Fall First, which they remastered later), bass guitars had acceptable decay but they were barely audible to begin with (although I'd rather have this than excessive bloom and slow decay). I cannot tell however if it's also...
 I can only speak for those who stood in an Apple store to try them (or have had someone they know hand them one for a few minutes), both of which I've done (the latter more times than I'd care to remember).
 Well it is cheap. I'll save money when I can so I can spend on audio and gaming, and also saving up for a serious bike, but I'm not going to use just three sets of clothes! (or eat instant noodles for a year)