Posts by ProtegeManiac

Because a little bit of reflection off the room helps in conveying positional data. Headphones still can convey some of that in terms of the relative position of the mics and the instruments, but don't be blown away by reviewers who are absolutely blown away by a headphone's soundstage. Also your left ear doesn't hear teh right driver and vice versa, and while Crossfeed can tame strong Left and Right signals that a number of headphones have, it sometimes makes the Center...
 Nice - actually I was also considering those, then came across an irresistible deal for a used ASG-1.
From DC I only read Batman as I never really shared my Dad's, Uncle's, and brother's fascination with Superman on any medium; I read a lot of Marvel though, mostly Spiderman, the X-Men and all the spin-offs (X-Men Gold team, X-Factor, X-Force, eXcalibur), plus the Transformers-GI Joe comics where the Joes played the same role as the SOCCENT Rangers who were featured later and made it to the Michael Bay flicks. Movies, used to be they all sucked, but here comes Nolan and...
 The question is how to do that properly in terms of fit. Wear the AKG K701 upside down, and the fat side of the earpads that give the drivers some toe-in will be on the front of your ears. Even if you can reverse the mounting of the earpads, your throat will get in the way of the headband.  In any case there's really no point in reversing the driver mount because it's the same round full range driver.  If it changes the height of the drivers relative to your ears at your...
 To add to what cel4145 posted, be aware that some devices that are called "amps" may not be distinguished in terms of whether they're designed for speakers or headphones, the same way that not all speaker amps have a headphone output out front (and whether it works well enough with certain headphones).
If you're already spending that much, and I assume it's for home use anyway since you're getting the Soloist (and didn't mention an IEM or portable headphone), why not just get a Burson Conductor so you can use a computer as source instead of the X5+microSD? Or pair the  Soloist SL with a music server like the Aune S1, given a 64gb USB drive or even a 1TB HDD will have better price to storage size ratio than the microSD? You might even have a spare back-up drive at home...
 Both have their pros and cons, which I will list down (see below) but ultimately I can't strongly recommend one over the other, only what I would get if I was in the same situation. In any case, whichever one you get, have that person order a spare cable from the manufacturer already because these are the ones that are most likely the break - the only way you'd break the shells is if 1) you'd step on them or any similar event, or 2) you pull the cable off somehow and it...
 Not a long rant, it's a "detailed response." 
 A universal with a CIEM-type shell will very likely solve your problem as long as itching isn't a problem, however, be aware that there is another risk regarding the fit, sorry I forgot to mention it earlier. In some brands like the Red Giants, the CIEM-type shell was chosen so as to fit two huge dynamic drivers in there, plus the air space (as on a speaker) they need for more bass, so someoen with a smaller outer ear will find them too large. On the Aurisonics, the...
Why are you asking if what you need is an amp or DAC? You will definitely need an amp, so it's a matter of whether you can squeeze in a DAC too for that budget. Here's an amp with an integrated USB DAC in it: Topping VX-1.