Posts by ProtegeManiac

I'm more a fan of B&W although I've never owned one, but I've owned three Wharfedales - this can be explained by the price gap if you buy them new. I first had the Diamond 8.1 and 8.4, but my favorite was my Pacific Pi10 - the midwoofer on that one was close enough to the percussion on the B&W 600-series (and just giving up a tiny bit of low end response to the lower range but larger 8.4) but the treble had a gentle roll-off compared to the sometimes peaky (sibilant) and...
 Asus Xonar U3, $39. It can drive my Superlux HD330 and is acceptable on my HD600, it should have no issues on the HD598.
 Mad Dogs might fit, but those don't fold in any way AFAIK. The tendency for closed portables really is that they design them to be as flat as possible so you don't walk around in public looking too much like a helicopter pilot. Or the original Japanese show that eventually inspired the Power Rangers.
DAPs are more of an upgrade over mainstream players not because of their DACs, but for their amp circuits (and to those whose  brains aren't wired for iTunes, the interface), regardless of what one may assume especially when you come across one with a fancy DAC (if not two). The thing with that reality is that if you're using an IEM with well over 100dB efficiency and impedance close to 32ohm, your iPod will not have trouble getting it up to ear damaging levels without...
 I'd rather not replace them with those - you'll use aluminum screws that are of a contrasting color and overall it will look worse. Flatter black screws maybe, but they aren't going to be flush anyway since the chassis screw holes are flat, instead of for example a thick aluminum panel where there is space for the screw head to sink in and flush with the surface.  Not sure, I haven't seen the specs on that one.   "Support" in the usual sense is pointless unless you just...
You can buy measuring equipment, but then you'd probably need to sell one of them to do so. The thing is that unless a DAC is designed specifically to be colored then there's not much difference. With speaker systems sometimes one of them can improve the overall imaging of the system, but that depends on the downstream components. That's very true with headphones where as much as some of them are engineered to reduce the typical trident-shaped soundstage, the thing is...
 You can DIY them using ear plug putty.
 Save the money and break in the earpads on the HD600, then go back and try it with the DT990.
 Those are all good basic features to start with, but one other thing is to make sure that when you have the speakers set-up they're equidistant to the side walls (or you'll be even more dependent on heavier curtains for absorption, but if you overdo it you lose even the reflections for positional cues in the soundstaging), and that you can sit far enough back from the speakers. With bass frequencies there are situations where you can't predict how exactly they'll behave,...
There really isn't anything of better value than the NFB-15.32 new. Compared to the Schiit option, you're basically deciding between having a convenient output selector switch and a nicer chassis, and personally it's not like the cheaper AudioGD chassis isn't solid nor are they ugly (they just don't hide the screws as well as Schiit) so choose the output selector.   As for used items, you don't need a rep to buy since you're paying with PayPal. As long as they agree to...