or Connect

Posts by ProtegeManiac

No it doesn't. The input on an active sub just splits the signal through an L-Pad or whatever that kind of circuit is called, one output going into its own low-pass crossover and into its subwoofer mono amplifier, and then the other signal path routs the signal right back out.
 Likely some comparos are somewhere in the Jotunheim thread.
 The Little Dot MkII will drive the headphone loud and send a single ended preamp signal to a speaker amp 9or active speakers), but it warms up the sound more than, say, the Valhalla2.
 I don't think you'd find anything that matches all of your criteria. The lowest cost you can find in Europe is likely the Violectric V100, but the optional DAC modules only have one type of digital input and it's the higher models that have XLR analogue output. There's the AudioGD NFB-28, which has all the hardware specs you need but it's sold direct online and depending on laws where you are, getting something from China might take the $600 price tag higher if you get...
Did you look into the Jotunheim with the DAC module?
 Not that I think they're the best, but I can think of a lot of other reasons why they aren't than those. For starters, I have no idea why they'd look like rebranded Chinese speakers when those are either super cheap arse units or something that looks like it was made by a company that makes pianos and violins...    The thing is though they're the most popular, just not necessarily the best much less best value for the money. One reason for that is how much their overhead...
 Well, saying one headphone is harder to drive means precisely that - a higher amount of clean power necessary to drive it loudly. The quality of the sound is affected because as output level rises so do distortion and noise, so the more you crank an amp, the more of those you will get, thus reducing quality. They both scale well with better amps but take note that doesn't mean spending $2,000 on an amp would mean it sounds $1,300 better than a $700 amp.  I'm not sure hat...
 The HD600 and HD650 have the same impedance and barely any difference in sensitivity, and the HD650 is 1dB better actually, so it will be marginally easier to drive than the HD600. That means that on the same amp you can go louder you'd go louder on the HD650 hearing it as it is before the amp starts distorting and changing the signal. If you are basing those observations on qualitative assessments, then what they are hearing isn't an amplifier running out of steam sooner...
​If the DAC has an oversampling or upsampling function then it can modify the signal, usually done by a specialized DSP chip (sometimes it's the USB or SPDIF receiver chip). For the most part though unless it is specified as such the receiver chip takes the signal as it is and just converts it to analogue without modifying the digital signal. Note that you're more likely to find up/oversampling chips on more conventional gear, likely due to how popular non-OS DACs were on...
 The one reason for getting the Wyrd with the Jotunheim+DAC is to get a balanced analogue signal from the output stage of the JotDAC all the way through to the headphone or active speakers' amplifier (via the preamp), so that one isn't as unreasonable as it seems.