Posts by ProtegeManiac

It is, although personally unless you need specific shutter speeds - like for long exposure, or if you need a fast shutter for action shots - for the most part you'll just be using A mode (and even then, depending on the lens, you'll likely adjust the aperture more for when you need to control the DOF). In any case all you'll need to do now is take the kitlens for a spin, and figure out if you need any lenses besides that, which will depend on what kind of images you want...
I think they have freebie cables. USB from Mac to Modi, analog RCA (pair) from Modi to Magni. Modi is run with the 5v USB port, Magni has its own external PSU.
 Bad idea - iTunes will screw up everything in your computer, especially if you're using FLAC. In my case I was gifted an iPad2, and worked normally for the most part. Then iTunes11 came around bringing with it the same problems I had with some of the iTunes versions before 9 and 10, which was messing up my library badly. I was listening to MediaMonkey while syncing it, and then the next track won't play. When I look at MM, every track gets greyed out, one by one, which...
That's kinda low at 32ohms, unless it pushes out more power into higher impedance. The thing with power output specs though is you have to consider at what THD it was measured; if that was measured at very low THD and other people have been using that same headphone with it and report no obvious problems, then chances are it can actually make a lot more power with not much audible distortion. The more usual way people use the power ratings though is stating a higher power...
 You can't really tell the actual overall sound from the graph; what it can tell you is if there are obvious response issues, or as a guide for EQ-ing it closer to flat. Many headphones vary greatly in terms of the ups and downs in the midrange up to the treble, but a lot of them actually have a bump in the midbass. This isn't simply about being basshead, but compensating for how speakers would otherwise sound like. For example speakers may measure flatter in the same...
I found this one on eBay made from Canare StarQuad cable. Make sure it's the right connectors though, there are other cables that kinda look like they have a different connector on the headphone end.
Is there any portable amp that does well with the T1? It's efficient but still at 600ohms that's a high impedance load that the amp would have to hurdle. 
 The documentation doesn't cover that. It's about the chip, not the overall audio circuit design on the motherboard.  You have to get it out to a DAC, and some of those have a headphone amp built into them, or you have to get a dedicated headphone amp. You can either use USB or SPDIF. You might as well get something like the AudioGD NFB-15, sicne it has both kinds of SPDIF plus USB. Technically there have been problems with USB but that's because it's a relatively new...
Have you joined the local group yet? We used to have a forum but FB Is more cost-effective: https://www.facebook.com/groups/headphiles/?fref=ts   Here's another physically local forum (ie when there are meets) with a lot of review articles: http://headfonics.com/
AudioGD NFB-15 http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB1532/NFB15.32EN.htm