Posts by ProtegeManiac

If your IEMs can get loud enough with the 5mW-ish output of an integrated chip and doesn't need a lot of current, IMO any gains made from the added bulk won't be worth it. You don't actually need a DAC with such claims as the Note2's, especially with headphones (some speakers show a lot more benefits with the soundstage on better DACs), the problem is that the analog circuit after most DAC chips aren't up to snuff. In the case of a mobile phone you have the headphone...
 Oh it works like a laptop, yeah no need to up the ergos on that one when you have a keyboard dock. I'm contemplating on whether my next portable computer though will be one of those Win8 Dell tablets - here's what its dock looks like from the rear:  Tidy cable management, large enough screen and powerful enough Intel i3 processor to replace my laptop for work (albeit no more light gaming on the go, using a 15in Acer with an AMD APU since 2012), touch screen so it replaces...
That's an adapter for Jecklin Float headphones to work with regular speaker amplifiers. You can post them here: http://www.head-fi.org/f/109/for-sale-trade-and-feedback-forums   Just a tip: provide some guarantee for returns as well as other contact details (as I assume you aren't and won't be a regular here) in case there's something wrong with them, especially as you haven't tested them yourself. Not that you'd be able to, those headphones are pretty rare.
 You can try spending around $20 (maybe less) on a dock or some other type of cradle to hold up the tablet, and ergonomically, it'll feel like a genuine music server device now :) Also check UPnP on USB Audio Player Pro, that way instead of buying SD cards you might be able to just get an NAS drive and use it as a music server storage (as well as back ups of your other files like photos and documents).
I'll give you the same tip I gave my brother when he was looking for headphones: go to Grado's website and look up their dealer network. Chances are, hi-fi dealers who carry Grados either deal with speakers almost exclusively, or they might have other products for headphone audio, from amps to possibly other headphone brands. I told him not to check AKG and Sennheiser dealers primarily because he'll either end up in pro audio stores, or the usual electronics stores that...
  If you're happy with that DAC then instead of looking for DACs like it (and you might end up disappointed, considering how some brands dope the output stage; at least others give you options on what to put in) you can look for a digital converter. There are a lot of USB to SPDIF converters out there, many can run on the 1.5v or so coming out of a tablet. I've listened to an iPad Mini with the USB CCK adapter and instead of a $100 USB input on the Schiit DAC (which I'm...
 Actually RCA refers to the plug and socket, so there is such a thing as RCA digital - more commonly known as "coaxial 75ohm SPDIF" - so-called because they were designed by RCA (kind of like how the S in that acronym is Sony). It became industry standard for home audio analogue interfaces, and later on, digital (although initially Sony CDPs used only optical/toslink; even now they tend to have only optical). Portable players with those digital output specs like the Fiio...
 AFAIK just the form factor. The cable version just has the cables soldered onto them instead of going through terminals. I suppose if you want one that's really compact, then that's the way to go, since the DAC is so tiny some heavy duty phono plugs are probably heavier than them. Since you're soldering them yourself, then you might as well get the cable type and measure how long the cable should be so it won't be too long (or too short) for where you intend to have the...
 Well that's why I said "supposedly" - it's something only claimed on boxes of A/V receivers when they need to sell you another one every two years   I thought they were all basically 24/48, considering DVDs supposedly can contain separate audio programmes; and I found concert DVD's more enjoyable than DVD-A - same price, you get video with one, the audio-only version doesn't work with music-only players and doesn't sound any better anyway. What I'm sure of though are...
 I get it now; the way you wrote I thought you  meant you were asking him and planning to do that yourself. Could have explained that by expounding already past "I don't." In any case, he can't use it that way - what he meant basically was whether the X3 would be enough as a DAC for the Vali, or if the Modi would perform much better. No clear answer there as it's really best to listen through the equipment - I've had a few surprises when I compared the PCM2702 USB DAC...