or Connect

Posts by Jozurr

There were two questions: 1) Firstly if the Elise is powerful enough to run the Omni and HE-500 without distortion2) Would the Elise with EL3N or ECC31 sound good or bad compared to 6SN7W on the Liquid Glass. If I had to just run the 6SN7, Id be happy with the Glass. I guess my first question is partly answered as the HE-560 needs good power too.
I already have the Liquid Glass. I was gutted to find out that I cant run the ECC31 or possibly the EL3N on it even with adapters. I've been actually thinking about the Elise and whether it will sound better with the ECC31 or EL3N vs the Glass and 6SN7W or KR VT231 etc. I've recently bought the MicroZOTL2 as well, and it doesnt have enough power for me to listen to the Omni and HE-500 before it starts distorting. Anyone got any ideas? 
 Also interested in knowing this. Have been considering the D7000 and TH900 for a while now.
What tubes are considered the best for bass on the Elise? Has anyone made specific comparisons with regards to bass with various tubes?
I understand that the ECC31 arent better than the ECC32, but since they were cheaper for NOS tubes, I went with them. I want another amp with 6SN7 tubes as drivers anyway (to use as both amp and preamp), so I might as well get an amp which also runs the ECC31. Thinking of the cheaper Feliks audio elise.
 I see. Disappointed that I cant use the ECC31. Guess Ill try and find an amp which can use all 6SN7 and the ECC31, which sounds as good as the LG. Thanks for the help!
  Some more thoughts by the manufacturer: "I see. This tube cannot work in the glass and will damage it. Please note in manual only tubes with pinouts like 6sn7 or 12au7. Even though you're adapting you cannot separate the cathodes. At least as I read the data sheet. OTOH the ecc32 has separate cathodes and can be mapped to 6sn7 pinouts."   
So I just received a pair of ECC31 tubes. From what I understood, the ECC31 with an ECC31 to 6SN7 Adapter is essentially the same as ECC32, based on this post in the thread:   1) "The ECC32 and ECC31 are identical except that the ECC32 has separate cathodes"   2) And second, the correct cathode resistance for the ECC32 should be 1/2 to 2/3 that of a 6SN7. Well, it just so happens that tying the common cathode in an ECC31 to both 6SN7 cathodes in the socket reduces the...
 The Code-x came with the alpha pads (leather?). I tried the vegan pads on them as well, but they drown out the bass impact a bit, which I dont like. I am a big fan of the vegan pads on the HE-6 though.
 Extremely hard to find the phones and nobody wants to loan them for reviews due to risk of damaging them.