Posts by Jozurr

The bigger question is, is the design still the same
They have their own store where they avoid retailer cuts etc too so that doesnt apply and taxes dont need to apply on reimport of an exported item.People did say the ED6 are HE6 in a fancier case if you read the thread carefully. I wasnt quoting you.Costs reductions dont mean they should translate to end user. Pretty sure most big companies achieve economies of scale and improve their costs for their products which dont have to result always in cost reductions for...
 Just because both those headphones are inefficient, I'm not sure why they are being said that they are essentially the same as HE6. That's like saying all 300 ohm headphones are the same.  Yes it's fashionable to crap on HFM, but they do create headphones that others can't or dont. I for one have not found a replacement that sounds better to me than the HE-6. Were those the golden days of HFM? Maybe. Can they do it again? Possibly. Price seems to be the only big problem...
 As I explained, they charge you the $650 to cover some cost of the amount lost in selling the V1 again. In total they make less money by offering the upgrade even at $650 compared to them not offering an upgrade at all. They aren't just taking a $650 and selling it at $2K making a profit of $1350. They are losing a V2 in the process of it and making $350 less overall.  Yes I'd be pissed if I paid $3K for V1 and then had a V2 came out next day and had to pay another $650++...
Assuming you bought V1 at $3K, you paid another $650 and Hifiman sold it for $2K. They make a total of $5650 for 2 pairsi.e. V1 and V2, little less than they wouldve made not offering the upgrade and selling V2 at $3K considering the V1 was already sold.
They do give you the new V2 as well. So they would make a total of $2650 and give away a pair of an HEK v2 for it. Thats not a bad price. Yes people who paid full $3K for V1 were in a bad place.
I wouldve got it if I didnt have to manually change the sampling rate
Selling my pair of Abyss AB-1266 headphones as I'm not using them as much as I'd like. This is the deluxe version ($5495 retail). Comes with the original cable (2 x 3pin), adapters (2x3pin to 4 pin XLR, 2x3Pin to TRS), and stand as shown in pics. Condition is good with some small marks on top screw as seen in pics. Don't see any other big marks or anything. I do not have the leather bag or original box/packaging. I will make sure it's properly packed when I ship it so it...
My SU-1 stays powered on 24/7 as well along with the Yggy. It's been a few weeks.
 Would be very interested in your thoughts.  I have the Furman Elite 20PFi coming in and Ill see what difference it makes, if any. I have yet to get some decent power cords though.