or Connect

Posts by Jozurr

Regarding my lawton modded TH600, the bass on the fostex is very nice and the sharp treble is very nicely tamed by the Lawton mods. However I find the sound stage a little cramped (although much better than unmodded fostex). I think they'll be very headphones for you and not entirely sure if they're going to replace your LCD3.
 What characteristics do you specifically like about the LCD-3?
 You need a sharp blade/cutter to strip the covering off the double sided tape. It's extremely thin and it's difficult to probe into the tape even with a blade, but it's definitely double sided and works pretty well.
 Welcome! I see you have the Adam F5. How do you like them? What other monitors do you like?  Locally they're very expensive ($1600 for a pair) and shipping from the US to me costs a lot too. I tried them recently and they're decent. I also tried the Adam A8X and those were pretty good too although even more expensive ($ 2100 for a pair).
So I keep the sub under the table. Increase the volume on the speakers, but the sub doesnt increase in volume, so I push my chair back, reach down and try and volume match to the speakers, every single time I change volume. Got it.   They should be making good planar speakers, where their speciality is, instead of selling this terrible design for $499. 
 Do the apples get lush mids or are they still seedy?  
 You can cut them in half, cut some portion of it, enough for them to be small enough to stick to the inside edges of the pads. The inside edge doesn't need to be 100% covered for the pads to stick. Stick some lint to it as well by sticking them to a cloth a few times before you stick them to the pads, so they're easier to remove. They tear the pads sometimes if stuck directly.
So they're selling the equivalent of a $99 system at $499 because hifiman?
 It is indeed a sign of very good power supply. However, it's a much better measure when it comes to speakers that require similar power that the amp provides. The non-doubling of power does not degrade the quality of the amp for the HE-6 all that much, where the spikes and peaks don't even reach that high. Instead of going by thumb rule, it's easier to find reviews of the amp and determine it's sound signature and quality as most decent reviews are done on neutral...
Has anyone heard these? They've just been released (and very quietly at that).   http://store.hifiman.com/index.php/hifiman-x100-desktop-hi-fi-audio-system.html   Please post impressions if you have heard them. Really curious since this is their first venture  into speakers. Priced at $499.