or Connect

Posts by Jozurr

The Code-x came with the alpha pads (leather?). I tried the vegan pads on them as well, but they drown out the bass impact a bit, which I dont like. I am a big fan of the vegan pads on the HE-6 though.
 Extremely hard to find the phones and nobody wants to loan them for reviews due to risk of damaging them.
I just use power as an initial benchmark because I cannot appreciate an amp regardless of how good it sounds, if I cant even get it to go loud enough. Im travelling but once I get back ill try a few different combos and see if things improve.Is it possible that something isnt functioning as intended in the amp? what would be the best way to rule that out?
I have a combination of a tube preamp into the A21 power amp which yields the best results for me. Best of both worlds.
Regardless or price, which driver tubes do you consider the best? I have a pair of ECC31 incoming, and Im wondering if there are better tubes out there of any kind that are worth trying.
SQ wise gibosi, which tubes do you consider best sounding, regardless of type? they dont have to be 6SN7 necessarily. Im thinking if there are better tubes than for example 6SN7W that I can roll into my amp using adapters.
So the stock model power supply is not included with the MZ2 Deluxe? I thought the LPS was an addition, and not a replacement of the stock power supply for the selling price of a deluxe combo, so one can switch back and forth if required, or sell the LPS etc, without having to buy an additional power supply.   I tried the HE-500 as well, and going past 2 o clock on the MZ2 with it as well, I can hear distortion in the bass, just like the Omni. I've never heard power...
Yes my question is, what does the standard MZ2 come with, and is that not included in the deluxe package so I can try the amp without the LPS. What did your MZ2 come with before you got the LPS? maybe someone who has gotten just the MZ2 can chime in
There is no need for digs like these. If you cant handle criticism against the magic amp, you shouldnt be in a discussion thread.
Im using the DAC-19. Using the same cables out from the MZ2 into the LG/LC and both of those amps seem to have enough power half way on the pot.