or Connect

Posts by Jozurr

You can use a tube amp as a preamp into a power amp. Something like the Elise should be great. I use my Liquid Glass as a preamp to the now defunct A21. I'm planning on getting a J2 once it shows up for sale somewhere.
Amazon Italy for $1650 but OOS af the moment.
 First Watt J2 http://www.firstwatt.com/j2.html
 Does the bass eventually hit harder and go lower than the HE-6? That is my biggest gripe, and if it does, then I'd have picked the Utopias over the HE-6 too. I understand that the Utopias do a lot of things very well.
Has anyone directly compared them to the HE-6, specifically the bass?
 I didn't. They were more bassy than the Utopia, and I think I'd slightly prefer them over my Omni, but I didnt have the Omni on hand to compare them side by side.
I went to a store and tried the Utopia out of the Simaudio 430HA and compared it against the HE-6 out of the same amp. The guy at the store almost didnt want me to try the Utopia saying they had not been completely broken in and that he doesnt want me to not be impressed with them? :/ Upon asking he said theyve been broken in for 2 days but he went on to say they need two weeks etc. I insisted saying that I know the Utopia gets sufficiently there with 40-50 hrs, but he...
I went to a store and tried the Utopia out of the Simaudio 430HA and compared it against the HE-6 out of the same amp. The guy at the store almost didnt want me to try the Utopia saying they had not been completely broken in and that he doesnt want me to not be impressed with them? :/ Upon asking he said theyve been broken in for 2 days but he went on to say they need two weeks etc. I insisted saying that I know the Utopia gets sufficiently there with 40-50 hrs, but he...
I also happen to agree that the HEK V1 went lower than the HE-6, sub bass wise, when I compared both of them side by side. However I gave up on the HEK due to the soft bass impact. So from what I understand from all these opinions here, the Utopia HITS harder and the HE-6 goes lower? I mostly listen to techno/electronic music only, so Im thinking if it's time to switch from my HE-6 to Utopia. So many options..
Do guys who use the Mojo as a desktop amp, just keep it connected to the charger? Is there some other stuff that is recommended like a power supply or something of sorts?