Posts by Jozurr

Bump.
So i got the PL30.. so far im LOVING what they do.. with their airy presentation and crystal clear sound. I seem to have one issue... when im sleeping i keep the volume very low.. at that level the PL30's lose ALOT of detail, bass and the sound seems very distant.. as in its coming from far.. and i can feel the foam against my ear. Can anyone tell me what to do to help it? I have the option to buy the fiio E1.. will that help? I dont want louder volume.. just the same...
Please try to get hold of the silver bullet, eterna and the hippos even if just for reviews. That would really put alot of things into perspective regarding all the other earphones. Thanks alot.
I have the option to buy between the mentioned 4 headphones (Hippo Shroom vs PL30 vs metrofi 220 vs FA eterna) . I am looking for an IEM with not excessive bass and a sound which is a little less stressing than the ksc-75 and very musical. Also im looking for comfort and i use the small tips on my ep-630. I couldn't bear the lack of bass on the altec lansing UHP606 and found them very uncomfortable and had to sell them. Comfort would be my first priority and the musical...
No.. just comparing it to the KSC-75 or the HD202... or the EP630? you can't even hear the bass let alone feel it.
Quote: Originally Posted by weibby FWIW, the bass knob doesn't really do much interms of bass. They're cheap and for a player that price, I'd recommend the Altec lansing UHP 606 backbeats pro. SQ similiar like the PL30, but more bass. I have the 606 and they SERIOUSLY lack bass. One of the few reasons which put me off.
Quote: Originally Posted by ljokerl No, that's not necessarily true. I'm not trying to make this confusing (honest!) but the PL30s, while more similar to the KSC75s signature-wise, aren't nearly as fun or engaging. They have the right amount of emphasis on the mids/treble but they lack the forwardness and aggressiveness of the Koss. For fun and engaging I'd pick the PL21, although they sound more like the KSC35/PortaPros than the KSC75. Oh...
So would you say the pl30 are more fun sounding/engaging or musical than the pl50?
Quote: Originally Posted by ljokerl The laid back sound really isn't for everyone (or for every mood). The Yuin G2A are quite laid back as well, though they are more balanced than the PL50. If you're looking for something more visceral and closer to the KSC75, you should be looking at the Meelec Ai-M6 or Maximo Im-590s, or even the rarely-mentioned UE MetroFi 220. Do you think the PL30 or PL21 sound closer to the KSC-75s than the PL50s? How...
Reading reviews of the PL21, I read that they're not detailed enough. That's one of my main concerns.. I love details and I miss the details being lost at low volumes on the UHP606. I can do with some "lesser" bass.. but MORE musical would be my choice so I enjoy them more. Also i have a feeling that the PL21 would be a little muddy? Im wanting MORE bass than the UHP606 so I can feel it, and not lose out on clarity and airiness? How about the PL50s/PL30s? Alot of...