Posts by Jozurr

There's a power supply limitation when you are going maximum on a headphone amp vs very low on a speaker amp to achieve the same volume, therefore having an effect on sound. Quality watts when used in the context of HE6 is generally used to say that don't compare 2 watts from a headphone amp vs 2 amps on a speaker amp to drive the HE6 because the 2 amps from a speaker amp might be better.  The harm is not having too much headroom, the harm is having too little, which is...
 It was an easy example to show a point of view. Yes we face that problem in audio because ears are different, setups are different, we all hear things differently etc and therefore a lot of subjectivity involved. You can not measure the sound stage or quality of the watts, just like you cant measure the quality of acceleration on two 3.5L engines with the same horsepower or the road feel in a car. You can not explain those by metrics.  Yes a lot more that's going on there...
 I've explained it a few times about the why. HE6 need more power and current than most headphone amps can provide, and even the "cheap old vintage" amps can provide those more than a decent headphone amp.  The volume knob is an attenuator, it limits the maximum volume into speakers or headphones. When there is a sudden peak or dip in a track, more current is needed to achieve that level comfortably, specially with inefficient transducers. Bigger power supplies help with...
 Generally most speaker amps have more wattage and current than cheaper headphone amps. HE-6 needs power and current, and therefore speaker amps are preferred. Now if we start getting into CNET reviews, then we won't get anywhere will we. Yes the LYR drives the HE6 to good volume. Volume alone isn't enough. If it was, then the Magni2Uber is all most headphones would need. There's a reason headphone+amp pairings are a thing. I will not get into the cable debate because it...
 Let me see if I can explain. The HE-6 are very power hungry: They require watts and high current and more so for swings. Generally most headphone amps have smaller power supplies than any decent speaker amp. Now, most headphone amps can drive the HE-6 to good volumes, what they don't provide is the control or current, which good speaker amps do, as speaker amps are designed for much bigger transducers, and considering HE-6 are very inefficient, they perform similarly....
If you have a pair of MrSpeakers Ether C Angled Pads to sell, please PM   https://mrspeakers.com/shop/3-accessories/ether-c-angled-ear-pads/
There is a bigger problem we are missing. When using speaker amps, folks have blown out the drivers for thr HE-6, including myself. Now they are either covered under warranty or they are not, probably not. My HE6 werent in warranty so I paid $250 to get the drivers replaced. Now I cant imagine if this would be covered under warranty for the SSV, or how much it will cost to replace the drivers, knowing that these drivers do blow up (singapore canjam), and replacing the...
I noticed an audible improvement when I shifted to SU-1 from USB.
Hi,   I'm looking to buy a schiit freya preamp. If you have one you'd like to sell, please PM!   Thanks
 Bypassing USB is better if you have a decent PCI/PCIE card yes.