Posts by the search never ends

Edit,  It sounded better with the 2+ back in the chain, so......very good recording!!   Second edit: I directly compared this recording to the same song on MOG epic fail for MOG, wow
double post
Pretty good review, I don't own one but have had enough time with it for my own impressions.  For this being your first amp in a while you hear it like I do, it's fairly transparent, but a little dry, and sounds more like a portable amp than a desktop amp. The dac used  your classic isn't as good as a dedicated unit like the one that will be out soon to fit in the amp. I just hope the dac isn't as cold sounding as the amp. I know nwav guy is always defending his amp, and...
HRT's don't come with a cable. A pretty decent one from an outfit called planetwaves is on the bay for 8 bucks. And cfg guy sells one for 5 free shipping, I prefer the planetwave. The pangea is very nice for 20 dollars, but with most of the higher end usb cables, the cord is much stiffer which could be a problem is space is limited. The Starlight is overpriced, but at least it's flexible. Interconnects, you can get some pretty decent ones for 10-20 dollars. Everyone...
Hi creal, I realize you weren't aiming to use your triples with the M staqge, in answer to grounding yes, it is grounded, although I believe yours is not properly grounded, what you desribe doesn't leave much else, for the sake of trying to coming close to duplicating your situation, I hooked up a few iem's at 20 db gain, nothing except audible hiss at 3/4 volume, (no signal of course) Plastic cover off the potentiometer etc.Considering your  budget, it should be easy...
Sounds like an internal problem with the amp, ask if you can return it for the amp sans dac, make sure he knows you're a member at headfi, he knows all too well that the majority of his sales are headfi related. It could be be the potentiometer, but you'd have to replce it to find out, and he may claim you voided the warranty. Whatever it is, I'm pretty darn sure something is wrong internally with the amp. And I don't feel the usb version is worth buying. TF10's aren't...
My TF.10's don't hum or anything, nor any of my iem's i tried a half dozen, none of them had any artifacts in the sound.  If your triples have the mic in them, that's probably the problem, I have a few iem's with mic's and none of them like to play well with a powerful desktop amp, no idea why, but have seen many posts saying the same thing from other members. Otherwise, I have no idea.  You could try the 75 ohm resistor trick, since the triples are very low impedance,...
I'm not sure how anyone of us can really tell another if tube or solid state is better, for me at least, both are good and slightly different, the best tube amps bring out the best soundstage from many cans to my ears, the best solid state amps offer the most linear response. Not that a good otl amp doesn't reach to the extremes, maybe just tighter control.  High impedance cans work best with tubes IMO.  But my 598's open up well also. When I had a few pairs of Denon,...
4562 stays, I've decided that the pangea usb cable is another favorite, which is only 20 dollars at several etailers. Ifind the 4562 to have a more refined treble, and a better soundstage with no loss of imaging. I don't hear a diiference in bass, but an even blacker background on an already quiet amp. I've ordered several more of the pangea usb cables since they trump far more expensive cables IMO, needs about 50 hours, at first ultra smooth, then slightly harsh, then...
I wouldn't normally bother, but the M stage IMO is one of the best budget amps for sale. The 4562 should be the end. FWIR, the m stage gets more refined with the opamp,  I've tube rolled some, but it's been hit and miss for me. I only have hybrids though.  As far as driving me nuts, it's too late. If the 4562 sounds better to me without biasing it, I'm done.            te: