Posts by the search never ends

Up for sale is a 7th gen classic 160 gig, and 4th gen touch 32 gig.   Both are in great shape, with light surface scratches on the back and no scratches on the front/screens.  I'll include one usb cable for them, two lod's and an E5 for each if you want.  Includes USPS priority shipping.  Breaking the pair up isn't going to happen. I could get this much by just instant sell on ebay, but would sooner sell to a headfier. Paypal as gift or add fees.  The lod's are good...
Hey Rawrster, I think the HD650 might fit the bill, looking at your source/amp list, it's indeed not an issue. The 650's have a better soundstage in every aspect over the 600's, in fact the 598's sound more open than the 600's just not as refined. The bass is very good without being boomy, and the mids are awesome. I think it will be different enough fom your current cans, yet keeps that musicality that allows for long, long listening sessions.     
While I think the 598 is a decent improvement over the 595, a 650 it's not, nor does it scale up nearly as well. It's just not the same, I doubt senn will ever create a phone I like better.
Anyone heard the audio gd C-2.2?  That amp looks so good. I'm curious how it pairs with the 650's A ton of amp for the money if it performs anywhere near the specs anyway. I'm guessing it's pretty much the same amp as the previous C-2?    For 365 dollars, I am tempted to pick one up, even comes with a decent psu.
Well, the M50 doesn't really improve much with amping, it sounds like your hp out just lacks power, a highly cost effective way to go would be the usb/dac cable from headstage, it's 69 dollars from headphonia. The E11 is a nice budget amp, but the pa2v2 is built like a tank, either way it's not much price difference. Add an lod and you have the solution for both. The usb/dac cable is pretty decent as well, and  you don't have to remove it when you're using your amp on...
I see this often, but still think if you don't need the extra features of the HDP(just headphone listening)since it shares the dac/amp of the HDP.  At 300 dollars the HD is a great pricepoint for what you get sonically. Although the features of the HDP will better suit many.    
Yes, dac is going to be the best way to go, especially spdif.  I know many that run an amp straight from the hp out to an amp, doesn't really make sense today since a usb dac/amp is pretty inexpensive.  And I did not fully understand your comment. Multiple amping should be avoided, but with some daps it's the only option. Providing it can't power your cans. You're not a newb audiophile. Admitting you don't have all the answers puts you a step ahead, I surely don't know...

You're probably correct, at least for you. As far as the O2 driving the HD650, it depends on the power supply, I have no idead why jds labs sells it with the optional power supply of 12v 200ma, far better to order one from mouser, say 16 v, 500 ma. It will drive the HD650 every bit as good as the asgard.  It's not the perfect match, I just can't think of anything better for under 200 dollars.  The crack is another special amp for the money. Commercial amps can't match...
Probably the HRT StremerII it's 149 dollars. I own the StreamerII+ among others and it stands up well against more expensive dac's, if you just need a basic dac for headphone listening, the StreamerII is the best bang for your dollar I can think of. I'd agree the E7 is your weakpoint. What kind of dap are you looking at?