Posts by Armaegis

And what -pray tell- is this?
 Bleh, poor wording on my part. I was trying to make the same point as your last sentence there. To put this in simple terms for people who insist on plugging their headphones into speaker terminals: Basically, unless the manual states specifically that the negative terminals of the amp have a shared/common ground, don't tie them together. No magical resistors network will make this better. Even if you think you know what you're doing, don't. The safest bet is to just...
 Right... are you sure there weren't other assets at play...    I actually had an odd date that went well because we were both complaining about our respective exes. It turned into this weird one-upmanship, and then it steered off into "and my ex never did this properly" to which the reply was "well I can do that..." and then, uh, stuff...
 Bolded for emphasis. But again some amps have weird noise on both terminals which is cancelled out. Yeah in theory it shouldn't have any to begin with, but schiit happens and tying two noisy negatives together can obliterate the cancellation that you need. Just being a namby pamby negative Ned.   Short answer... you can't. For starters, measuring impedance technically isn't the same as measuring resistance, although in the case of a headphone driver the resistance is...
17 was so very long ago for some of us...   This seems appropriate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emAe6IClGys
"Randomly bites things" is definitely NOT on my list of turn-ons...
Assuming that there's no DC offset relative to ground (not likely... but you never know sometimes).
I got this response from him last year... 
Interesting. I had emailed Woo a while ago and got a reply saying that a balanced amp was fine with the WEE.
If you're tying the negatives together of a differential amp, you're basically summing them. So now you don't even have a proper difference across the left and right channel. Basically a stupid amount of crosstalk... practically halfway to mono-town.    In the case of ground-but-not-quite negatives (such as with class D, but other topogies too maybe), you're probably going to create a ton of noise, maybe some good 'ol fashioned DC offset, etc.