Posts by Armaegis

How peculiar...
Canada unit #1 is now on its way to hakushondaimao
 Are the slightly wider at the cups? It kind of looks that way in the pictures, but I can't tell for certain. The slight fit issue I had with the mk1 was at my temples since I have a rather squarish head. When you say flatter sound, do you mean flatter frequency response or the sound is dull?   Interesting. I wonder how that will affect their future releases, or if they'll change any of their distribution models. I know a vendor who wanted to sell their headphones, but...
 The suspension, is it a single string piece or multiple? I know you mentioned before that you intend for it to be replaceable, but it looks like threading it wouldn't be the easiest thing. The Audioquest Nighthawk has a 4-elastic suspension. The one I tried had one broken elastic, and it completely ruins the fit. Just something to think about.
 How peculiar...
It could be both.
 Seeing as they do not want to work with multichannel formats, I highly doubt they'd pursue the licensing and try to reverse it (not trivial, exponentially so for binaural) for headphone usage, especially considering that the market probably isn't that large to begin with. Nevermind that anything that comes in surround format probably already has a two channel mix available anyways. Yeah the Smyth is expensive. That's also an entire company dedicated to a single product...
 That's a very tight braid and looking at it I think all your wires are twisting in the same direction as well. You could have very well induced capacitance in the cable which acts as a high pass filter, rolling off the low end and sucking the "body" out of the sound. That's just my edumacated guess though. *shrug*  
a hammer but not a sledge
Sorry, but I don't have any linux machines to test that out on.