Posts by Neal

I currently use the Headroom Gigabag with my iPod classic and HP-P1. I've used the Gigabag for years with a variety of portable headphone amps. It all fits in snugly and securely and there is easy access to both components. To me it would be too bulky to fit in my pockets.
Congratulations HelloHell. Although the outcome is disappointing, you did the right thing IMO by contacting ebay and working with them. I am impressed that they didn't require you to complete the transaction with a payment. As I had mentioned in my earlier post, ebay requires you to contact the seller to begin the process. If you receive no response from him that means alot to them since a legitimate seller tries to work things out if for no other reason than to continue...
 I like-wise sent the seller questions on February 1st inquiring as to whether there were any functional issues with the phones, scratches or marks, and if he was the original buyer with original packing materials. Never got a response nor were my questions posted with associated answers. With zero feedback I backed off any interest after he didn't respond. It felt like too much risk and it smelled bad. Be very careful of your timing should you pay him and have a problem....
It is interesting that you found the Audio Buffer hurt the transparency of your Ayre CX7e CD player. Burson and independent reviewers mention that as the quality of the output stage improves, less benefit is obtained. At what point does no benefit occur? I can't answer that but I will say that my Sony SCD-XA777ES is Stereophile Class A rated and was $3000 in 2002 (about the same cost as your Ayre CD player around the same time). The Sony is no heavyweight but is a highly...
Not long ago I purchased two components from Burson Audio; the AB-160 Audio Buffer and HA-160 Headphone Amp. I recently provided feedback to Burson Audio regarding my listening experience with them. Here is an excerpt: "I promised to give you an opinion of the AB-160/HA-160 set-up so here it is. The two components have been burned in continuously for 240 hours. As you recall, the source component is a Sony SCD-XA777ES SACD player the output of which is fed to the...