Posts by Feanor

Quote: Originally Posted by Distroyed Uh oh, don't give Mike fuel for the fire; grill burn-in!! Mike, who's Mike? Hmmmmmmmmm... >> Checks ignore list... Oh, that Mike!
Quote: Originally Posted by 00940 The RKV on the cool side of analytical ?? It completly redefines my notion of cool and analytical then If the MPX3 is warmer than the RKV, it must be like syrup. Read through that thread, he explains his words... Quote: SeanH, in comparison to the RKV, the MPX3 is neutral with the addition of a large degree of warmth, transparency, and detail.
Oh, that was some time ago, since then I found a more audible crossfeed DSP, but then switched back to the foobar plugin. It really does help with the old beatles songs, but sometimes I find it annoying. I just might try a DIY crossfeed, sometime later this year (as I am starting to learn at a technical university)...
Check this out. Quote: The MPX3 and the other Singlepower amps do an incredible job with micro detail and dynamics. Images are 3 dimensional in a 3D space. These things image inside images. The sound is complex and you don't feel that anything is missing. My first impression hearing a brushed cymbal through the RKV was that it had more detail because I could hear the brush going over the metallic surface of the cymbal more. When I went back a second time to...
Quote: Originally Posted by gsferrari The basic idea is :- * A deal that is too good to be true is not worth it unless it is from someone with SOLID forum feedback. * Better buy new and sell at a higher value when you are bored * If you must buy used then buy from a HeadFi/Audiogon member with SOLID feedback * The rule should be - the person with lower feedback must first send payment/goods to the person with better feedback. If the...
Well, I can only help by telling my decision: I am getting the mpx - 6cg7. I guess its because I read it is sweet like the ppx with more oomph in it. Whats (also) good in the singlepower amps is that you can ask Mikhail for lots of upgrades (pre outs, loop out, exrta headphone jack, ect.), which might come in handy.
Akos
Thanks guys, just got back from the hike... Well, I did have my heart set on tubes, the only thing keeping me back was the outragous sale on the prehead. Now, the wait is on... Tom, I somehow feel poor mpx would be overwhelmed by the TWO Supra SDS's of yours... EDIT: oh yeah, got the preamp function for it, cause you never know.
Quote: We're not debating whether one is better than the other... we're just sharing our preferences of what we do and don't like about one or the other. And that is in fact relevent to this thread, because the gentleman that started this thread wanted to know whether he should buy a solid state or tube head amp. Well said. My dilemma however, was resolved when Mikhail gave me an offer I could not refuse (how's that for maffia, eh?). I went for an...
Heh. I have the same integrated audio. Try it, see if you like it better than the live. I will be upgrading to a chaintech, because its supposed to be better for music. The creatives have quite a history here, try a search on audigy and bad.