Posts by Feanor

Would you care to tell us what ~$50 phones you use? Also, there are some points made by members: -The ipod may sound bad with low bitrates, and may be better with higher bitrates. Did you try higher bitrates? -Did you try listening with higher quality phones(or different ones, at that)? Maybe the sonic signature of the ipod did not go well with the cans you tried it with? Perhaps the more detailed signal of the ipod comes across as grainy/harsh on bad phones? Do try to...
Quote: Originally Posted by warubozu I just won a set of tubes from a ebay seller from Slovenia, I informed him that I will be making payment thru Paypal only and he responded by saying that Paypal isn't supported in Slovenia and wanted me to send him his money using Western Union's Bidpay or make a wire transfer to him thru Western Union. I think that's bullsh*t what he had told me and I informed him that Paypal is indeed supported world wide. I even...
Quote: I remember being accused of being in bed with Ray Samuels Quote: OK, let's put this one to bed. Hmmmm...
Hey guys, wanna hear a bass that go's REALLY low? This song has insane detail. You can hear him go phtub - phtub... Nice recording. The first binaural I have heard. Thank you for the effort. Its also fun to listen to fellow headfi-ers... EDIT: Hehe... just noticed I had foobar crossfeed on. I suck.
The $25 Chaintech card is supposed to have bit-perfect output when/if you do some magic with it.
This might be of help... Also, here and here are some alternatives mentioned. Hint: search function. EDIT: Hey check This out
Quote: Those are mid/top-end phones, they'll need a good (read:$$) source and amp. You'd be better off getting a low-end phone, you'd maximize the benefits easier. I hear this a lot on head-fi , but I don't agree. I have been using the Hd 600 unamped for six months now, and while I can imagine better(which is why I'm buying an amp now, and a source... hmmm), I feel they where good for me in the past months(that is, before head-fi ). They arent horrible...
In the last lead-free solder thread, I seem to have read that most substitute solders are NOT unreliable at any temp... that from the mouth of people working with some. I don't really understand starting a new thread with just a link to an old one...
check out the review in the middle of that page... yup, its bose
Quote: Do you know which DAC you are leaning toward? I guess the Ack!. I have yet to find a comparation of the two Dac's. Quote: How would your speaker setup work with a tube or ss preamp? I don't have any speakers. I might in the future, but that’s a long way off (maybe when I am living alone). Hehe... the supra. Well, let’s just say no. It'd be nice, maybe when I win the lottery, but not now (The current amp-buying is financed...