Posts by Feanor

You might want to check if you can adjust the gain on the dac with a jumper or something, a lot of equipment has this.
Quote: Originally Posted by gbacic Music now is better than it has ever been. It's just not mainstream. I agree, I really enjoy recent artists like Sufjan Stephens or Joanna Newsom. hiphopscribe's list is also sweet. As for rap or hiphop, artists like Scroobius Pip and Sage Francis are still doing good stuff.
thats shooped >_>
Hey I came back here this year and last time I posted before that was 2007, its been 3 years 2 months and 28 days.
True, I realized that when I was driving around today. Thanks for the answer!
I've been looking into DIYing a pair of speakers with HiVi drivers. Happy to hear these are nice.
Tyll, maybe this has been discussed before, but have you thought of normalizing based on these curves? As far as I understand it, now you are compensating for the ear canals FR, but the psychoacoutics are important too.
Quote: Originally Posted by GWorlDofSPACE Imagine how it would be to hear or taste every note? I hear that a certain Albert Hofmann can help you with that.
Quote: Originally Posted by terriblepaulz My hearing predominance changes from time to time, usually in conjunction with some sort of sinus/allergy issue. Taking Loratadine at certain times of year is the most effective tweak I have found for my system. quoted for lols if you dont mind.
I think he was referring to the curves found on this page... edit : well **** me these are basically the inverse of what you linked in, meh. edit#3: and now this ^ makes no sense as you edited too... ah well edit #2: this has interested me as well, it would be interesting to have FR measurements that are conducted at a fair number of sound levels, equalized by both the ears response and the equal loudness curves.