or Connect

Posts by eucariote

Great review.     I saw you leading to this in other threads and am happy to see such a nice comparison.  So in terms of sound quality alone, you prefer K550.  Is this by a large margin?  Do you have any impressions of how these headphones compare to SRH840 or D2000?
  Yes, that the first book I read by him.  I was on a bit of a science fiction binge..  Read all 14 Foundation books by Asimov, Dune, Childhood's End, Ender's Game, Rendezvous With Rama, 2001, Stranger in a Strange Land, Starship Troopers, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress, 2001, Slaughterhouse Five,  Ringworld, Hyperion, Fall of Hyperion, Hitchhiker's Guide and a few more.  Got to Snow Crash and I liked it so much I thought I'd branch off and try something new.
  Sorry, I've only heard the LCD-2 and HE-500 (really preferred the former), haven't heard the GS1000.  If you go for something like LCD-2 I'd get something cheap and capable like the o2 amp, it has 200mw per channel, which could easily handle up to ~110dB without clipping.  The National Institutes of Health recommends listening below 85dB to prevent irreversible hearing loss.  I sometimes listen to the LCD-2 in the kitchen with a lowly usb-powered udac and they still...
  Good to hear, thanks.  I'll have to have a listen.  
  X10
  Au contraire mon frère.  They improve greatly with amplification, more than any headphone I've heard.
LCD-2 RS-1 Ultrasone Edition 8 SE535 Monster coppers SRH940 purple Sony MDR-EX10LP ibuds
    Thanks, I haven't been keeping up it seems.  Just read DavidMahler's impressions of the TH900 and he's reporting even more recessed mids and still-strident treble.  Oh well.  Hopefully the TH600 will do more to remedy these shortcomings.
  Agreed.  I tried D5000 & D7000 with a tube amp that was even designed for low impedance headphones (Mad Ear+) and didn't like the sound at all compared to SS amps.   Holy cow, has anyone noticed how well the D2000 measure?       Head-fi should start a petition drive for Denon to bring back the Fostex-made models.  Add a *touch* of mids, dial back the treble a little on the D7000 and they'd be the perfect headphone line.
Anybody a fan of Neal Stephenson?  I just finished Cryptonomicon:     Holy bejesus that was a good read.  Couldn't get enough so now I'm starting his trilogy.