or Connect

Posts by eucariote

I'm with you - some of my favorite music is raw and made with very simple production (GBB's Bee Thousand, PJ Harvey 4 track demos, Sebadoh's Bakesale/The Sebadoh, Mountain Goat's Full Force Galesburg, Dum Dum Girls).  In fact one of my most discriminating tracks for demoing headphones is Sebadoh's So Long.  It has heavy distortion, clipped guitars and minimal production but I find that very few headphones can do justice to the bone-shaking drums, sweet vocals and guitar...
  No I flew here.  I'm here vising family in the bay area, I grew up in SF and Santa Clara.  
  Yes, sadly I've moved to Canada.  But I'll be in the Bay Area for another 9 days with my ED8, LCD-2, a car & access to chimichangas.  
HD800 are way too bright and who wants that much fake soundstage.       You're wrong and smell like elderberries.  
    Maybe we could have a mini-meet comparing the 900x, ED8 and Mad dogs.  I'll bring the burritos and beer.  
Call me crazy, but to my ears the HD650 sound too bright and LCD2-2r2 are just about right.  I switched from an HD600 to an HD650 and back to HD600 and it was like being in a warm shower, turning off the hot water and turning the hot water back on, I much preferred the HD600.  Going from an LCD-2r2 to an HE500 and back was similar, but maybe more like going from a little too warm to a little too cold, I couldn't decide which was better.  From these comparisons I don't...
Don't get a closed can unless you absolutely need one.  HD600 are very neutral and have extremely good sq for the price.  SRH940 are good but have flaws (less than most closed cans) not present in the HD600.
  X2.  We needed to tie that guy to a chair.  I also got a glimpse of an ATH-A900X that I've always wanted to try, that also disappeared after I looked up again.    
  For unbeatable mids and a substantial upgrade in sound from your Senns I'd consider HE500.  Below those the improvement in sound would be too small to be worth the investment.  If you liked HD800, they'd be a good match since they both slightly emphasize the treble.  In fact, I found HD800 emphasize treble too much and have an overly airy sound  (but I'm probably in the minority and risk a visit from the mafia).  I heard HE500 with your amp, the match was spectacular.
  I liked M50 more than M100.  They're under $120 again, which makes them well worth the price.  Haven't heard the ultrasones, sorry.