Posts by eucariote

HD600 would fit the bill nicely.  They are very versatile, have less aggressive treble than HD650 & DT990 and are much better than the closed headphones.
Looking for a stock 110v psu for a DacMagic.  For all you cats who upgraded your power supply, the old wall wart in the bottom of your closet is looking for a new home.  Shipping would be to Canada where it'd get free health care.
seriously?Wattage = volts * amperes
  I've heard all these but the lp2 (but have heard m100) and I'd rate their sound quality as: K550>SRH840>M50>M100.  All have good sound isolation.   So get the K550 unless you want emphasized bass and don't mind slightly smaller soundstage, in which case you should get SRH840 which deliver amazing sq for the price.  SRH840 perform very well without amplification  (sorry, haven't played with K550 with different amps).  If you want serious bass, the latter two will give it...
  I spent some time with the newest mad dogs and thought I heard an emphasis in the  ~50-150 Hz range and a dip in mid-treble ~2-10kHz, giving them a thick sound. Yet your comparison (which I trust more b/c you had them for much longer) finds that mad dogs are a little thinner and brighter relative to the paradox.  And I have LCD-2 which measure very much like paradox and to me have none of this bass hump and treble dip.  My brain hurts...  Could it have been the alpha...
Too bad you can't get an open headphone, HD600 or DT880 beat the pants off any closed headphone on your list (haven't heard the momentum, can't speak to those).  Heard the others and Mad dogs & K550 are the best on your list imo.  Both are very good for closed headphones but flawed.  K550 are fairly well balanced but have slightly weird/fake treble.  Modded T50RP are a very interesting option.  Some mods can measure perfectly.  But I heard one modded set that were all...
Logitech UE6000 do sound very good for noise canceling headphones and fit your budget.  You can read about them here at the link below.  Q15 sound ok but are more expensive less tonally balanced to my ears.   http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/innerfidelitys-wall-fame-full-size-sealed
^ very interesting citation.  That enzyme regulates degradation of dopamine and catecholamines, which are neurotransmitters involved in pleasure and mood, respectively.  i.e. increased action of the former is the basis of reward and is the target for all drugs of abuse, increased release of the latter is mechanism for antidepressants.  So altered regulation of mood and reward makes people susceptible to inconsistent experience of constant stimuli..
  I a/b compared lcd2r2 bamboo & rosewood.  The weigh difference was noticeable, sound difference was not.
Fundamental frequencies for voice are ~100-900 Hz for male voice & ~300 - 1500 Hz for female voice, which I'd call mids and maybe lower treble.  For that range HE-500 are hard to beat.  HD600 are also pretty special, really remedying the overshadowed singer you describe with the HD650, which sound more v-shaped to me with the dip where voices should go..  Don't get a closed can, none can do voice as well as an open can.  In your shoes I'd spring for HE500, they're a big...