Posts by GREQ

Yup.Sometimes I feel the same way, occasionally resulting with me EQ'ing in some bass for electronic music or significantly bass-light recordings.
In busy environments these will not block out sound, you will hear what's going on around you. Your soundcard WILL power them - don't worry about that.    If they truly are "very cheap" then get them. They will not disappoint. (most likely.... don't quote me on that... they can be a tad treble-hot... but they're amazing)
I'm really not sure what's best on the market either, but separates is a good isle to go down. If something goes wrong in the future, you're usually not faced with expensive repairs or you can somewhat cheaply the single item that fails, instead of getting a whole new system.   If your Corsair is dead, it's probably just the internal amp - If you're not planning this already I would try to sell it for parts, I'm sure you can get a decent price for it if you're unwilling...
Ah, that's unfortunate.Living in central europe has it's advantages. Certainly shorter distances are involved for me in this hobby.  Not sure where you should start really. I know a few guys who would just buy 2 or 3 headphones at once, and return the 2 they decided not to keep a week later (keeping all packaging neat and tidy).Of course you would lose a little bit on postage but it sorts out the auditioning problem. 
Sadly they're still shipping over from China.If they don't arrive before saturday, I won't be able to tell you for 3 weeks as I'm going on holiday!
If I remember correctly, the Denon AH-D340 has STUPID amounts of bass.  I think literally the most I've ever heard from a headphone in terms of bass to mid/treble ratio.  I would add that to your potential list if the #1 goal is lol-inducing amounts of bass.
Actually, can anyone confirm whether the fabric on the headband is actually denim? (cotton) The promotional documentation only states "fabric wrapped headband", and that "denim" is just one of the colours available.   I think the crowd has just assumed that "denim" was the fabric, and not the colour... am I right in thinking this?   As I would have assumed that Sennheiser would opt for a more rugged synthetic-based material.
Yeah, the AKG brand has taken a giant dump in quality variation since the take-over. K518's for example seem to have the same generic chinese-made (probably) drivers as Creative headsets. Here's an old photo I used to demonstrate this in one of the K518 threads. Happily, AKG have absolutely nailed the enclosure and these drivers sound good in a K518 (and brilliant after a simple blue-tack mod). But they sounded absolutely awful in the Creative Tactic 3D Alpha I...
Yeah, I actually WAS going to add Grado GS1000e (or whatever) into the mix, but I honestly don't think the sound quality you get is worth the money you pay. I love Grado headphones and the sound, I really do... but by modding an SR80i or SR225i, I can get pretty much the sound I like, preferable to a stock RS2i.    Right now I've modded an old SR80 (not i or e models) and I've A-B'd with a bunch of Grados - it sounds MOST like a PS500! But with a little less treble...
I've tried out almost all the recent Harmon Kardon and JBL headphones, and regrettably they were all horrid.  Ok, that's a bit harsh. The JBL's were simply ghastly echoey honky-bass-fart cannons, but the Harmon Kardons were just grotesquely overpriced. (but acoustically somewhat acceptable)   If I remember correctly, the much cheaper rectangular on-ear model $70'ish actually sounded overall better than the larger over-ear $300'ish model. So...there's your fun fact of...