Posts by GREQ

I think most of us here are using headphones because we have to. Given the physical space and budget it's speakers 100% of time.   The upside to closed back headphones is that you sometimes can get even closer to the music. Even the quiet noises which you normally don't notice at home are kept out. Street-noise, nature, weather, the fridge humming, washing machine, pipes, gas-powered water heaters, your own breathing etc etc...   But I've yet to hear a closed...
MH40 is essentially a new headphone brand. They don't have a fan base, aren't widely available for audition and there are relatively few (but good!) reviews about them. Which for most seasoned headfiers is still not enough to justify a purchase (as most prefer a proper audition). So, at least from my perspective they seem like a 'good value fashion' headphone, rather than super-audiophile territory.    My modified T20RPMKII (with previous older mod) I've been told...
With a phone I can't think of any.   I think I had an amp once that had quite different volumes on one or two inputs. Have you tried using another RCA input?
It really depends on the individual. Everyone wants something different.   I have a lot of fun buying all sorts of vintage headphones. After I get bored of them I sell them usually for little or no loss, or gift them.  I get them fairly cheaply in local flea markets and some of them have become a part of my permanent rotation.  (I prefer not to call it a 'collection' because I'm not a headphone collector... I just have too many in my search for 'perfect'...
Fiio E17 DAC/AMP is pretty decent for both portable and desktop.   But I think a more important question is how exactly are you connecting your phone to the hifi?
You'd be singing a different song if you lived in Germany 
Not at all.The more money you spend (generally) the better the QUALITY of sound and better overall sound presentation (how your ears/brain perceives the sound).The 'colour' of sound depends more greatly on the size, shape, design of the headphone housing, earpads and their material, driver type and material etc.Also certain 'colours' can be attributed to certain brands which often tune their headphones in a consistent principle. That doesn't mean you won't find excellent...
Usually when people say "it breaks easily" or "it broke in 3 months", I usually question the manner in which the headphone was cared for.The K240 Studio is based on a model that has proven it's ability to stand the test of time, so a modern review from someone who probably treats their gear like an old pair of socks isn't worth much. Yes, these are durable. But like everything else in life, if you don't care for it properly (especially respectful cable management) it will...
Wildcard suggestion here: Philips SHP9500   To me it almost sounded like a more balanced Grado, but full size, more comfortable and better constructed. Not really sure why these aren't more popular.. probably the earpads can't be replaced or something, like the usual problems with the older Philips models.
I had an RS2i, sold it and upgraded to an HE-500.   Also I've heard the RS1i/e and RS2i and personally prefer the PS500. Right now the only Grado I own is an old and heavily modded pink-driver SR80, which I've compared to modern Grados and it sounds closest to a PS500 than any other I've heard. So my tuning preferences mirror my A/B'ing preference of the PS500 too.   I never enjoyed the 325 which is just painful to my ears, but that explains why I prefer the darker...