or Connect

Posts by GREQ

Unfortunately I have no idea which transformer would work. I just know that the theory is sound.   I've PM'd another headfier who knows more about this stuff than I do.  I used to own one of these, and he owns one or two of them.   The bass on these was never it's strong point - I'm pretty sure that's just the nature of the driver. Hopefully he can chime in about which transformer to use - apparently this may also help open up the true potential of the...
I'm sure there's someone around here you can PM to pick their brains. (speaking for myself here too ) 
These are not electrostatics, but they are electrets. You can do two things - get a powerful amplifier or exchange the transformers for more powerful transformers if you're up for some modification.   Entry level amps like Objective 2 or portables like FiiO E17 just can't power headphones like this.   You need at least an entry level hybrid amp (tube & solid state) as these often have a lot more juice. So no, these don't have any 'special' amping requirements...
JVC HAS200R Riptidz   http://www.amazon.com/JVC-HAS200R-Riptidz-Quality-Headphones/dp/B0079LETM8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464342269&sr=8-1&keywords=JVC+HAS200R+Riptidz+High+Quality+Headphones+%28Red%29
No.This thread started back in 2013 shortly after the black version of the M1 'over ears' was introduced. (non folding and smaller ear cups/pads - but still advertised as an 'over ear headphone') Not sure if there is a 'main thread' for the M2, since they sound so similar people have been posting about the M2 in this thread already.I'd just stick around here and post away: seems more constructive to talk about the different versions together in one thread as long as it's...
Yeah, the Z7 is built like a tank being mostly metal, but the plastic on the Z6 that connects to the cups seems quite fragile. No idea about cables.. my experience with this series has only been positive so far.
I think everyone else is too embarrassed to say they've tried either of them  ...... 
I'm definitely going to hold onto these for a while.It's certainly not the best technically speaking, but there's something special about it.Like the way these crazy rich guys go around in vintage cars... not the fastest, most comfortable or easiest to drive, but something uniquely special about it.