Posts by dj nellie

Does anyone have tips for changing out the op-amps? Is it as simple as wiggling the opamps from side to side until they come loose, or is there a safer way? And do the new op-amps need to be inserted with a certain orientation?
So I've had my Angies for about two full days now.  I was initially underwhelmed by the sound, finding it competent but not really spectacular in any particular way.  I expected the soundstage to be a bit wider based on some of the impressions I had read.   The main problem for me has been the fit.  This will obviously vary from person to person, but I can't get a secure fit on my left ear with any of the supplied tips.  I get a good seal on that side, but the earpiece...
Not sure if this has been posted and discussed elsewhere, but I was looking around for videos about the Layla and Angie and found Jerry's talk at Google from about a year ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Inno2Lj8H5g The moderator and most of the audience questions were pretty bad, but I found a few things interesting from his talk: 1. Jerry didn't voluntarily leave (or sell his share in) Ultimate Ears - apparently, that was the decision of his venture capital...
Which store did you order from? I just ordered Angie from Earphonesolutions and it shipped immediately, though I probably would've ordered from Moon Audio if I had known they were carrying Angie since they have free 2-day shipping.Can't wait to see how they compare to my UERMs!
You mean you're not supposed to wear them like this?     In all seriousness though, I think most experienced IEM users know if they're getting a good seal or not - that can't be the reason for the some of the mixed impressions..   BTW, people have been talking about the "Spinfit" tips - do these come with the Layla/Angie?  If not, who sells them?
This is the retail version of the Smyth Realiser with HD inputs and outputs.  I haven't had much time to use it, so it is in excellent condition.  It comes with all of the original accessories, most of which have either never been used or only used a few times.   I'll also include an SD card that has measurements which I took at the AIX studio in Los Angeles on a Bowers & Wilkins 5.1 system and a JBL 85-85 THX 7.1 system.  These are professional engineer-grade speakers...
Hello, please include me in the list of beta testers.  Thank you!
Nice impressions.  So where did you have the bass dial on the Layla?  And other than the bass being a bit leaner on the Angie, would you say there are any other significant differences?
 I do I wish I were there, and I'm not trying to extrapolate too much from this, but one guy already specifically said the bass dial was on high when he listened and for whatever reason didn't change it.  I hope that most people were able to listen by playing with the dial and seeing how that affects the sound. I have read your impressions post, but it seems there is just the one line about Layla (at least in that post)?  Impressions on Angie and Layla are still fairly...
That's good to hear, but it seems that some people didn't want to bother changing the bass dial.  So what did you think of the Angie and Layla?     I was hoping there would be a flood of impressions from CanJam, and I was hoping that most people felt the Angie was close enough to the Layla that it was the better value for money.  But it seems many people ignored both IEMs due to their price or only listened to the Layla.