or Connect

Posts by Clean6eR

hi, the easiest way to compare is during a game try hitting the dolby button on the device to get a feel for the difference. also i know i may sound condicending and i dont mean to but make sure in the ps4 to set the audio output to optical, dolby encoded. (assuming you have as you said the tower sounded good) i lost my a40's cable so cant plug them in but on my mmx 300 the volume i find too loud past the 50% mark, the eq settings i tend to not change but it only seems to...
OK so i just played a bit more with the mmx 300 and hd800's on the hdvd800 and also via the mixamp on its own (with the mmx 300 only as my hd800 are balanced)   yea the double amping is better than just the mixamp on its own, it has more control in the lower frequency's. in fact i think for a budget setup hooking a mixamp to a schiit magni (or modi the amp one!) and some adg-1's would be pretty awesome   I'm going to keep my setup hooked up as is.   i have adg-1 in...
hi, just played a few rounds of cod with the hdvd800 and hd800 dual amped off the astro mixamp and then a few rounds using the mmx 300 off the mixamp on its own. the amp has a slight buzz come over with it on the hd setup. i find it sounds best with the mixamp maxed out and slapped 100% to game, it gives gunshots a proper smack on the hd800's. its possible to turn the chat mix knob just so that it removes the buzz but then a lot of the drama comes out of the game which i...
hi, the optical surroud processors i have are: turrtle beach dss2 turtle beach xp seven thingy astro mixamp (2013 edition? the one before the latest one) creative sound blaster recon3d tritton ax processor thingy (the original model and the latest model) a yamaha home theatre system with that silent cinema thingy   i also have the hd800 and a hdvd800 (same amp section and headphones) since getting the hd setup i havent hooked the processors up to them as i didnt like the...
 i have the hyperx cloud 2, they are VERY good. they have a more upfront sound than some others but amazing levels of detail in a slap in your face kind of way, they are not soundstage kings, the bass snaps along with real weight and punch. remind me ALOT of my superlux headphones. the sound card i dont use, it didnt work on the ps4 and i didnt care for the 7.1 on windows ethier but i have many others to choose from. they are sensitive enough to pick up the hiss from the...
hi, i have the xp7 setup, the headset that came with it broke, the connection to the left speaker broke, i resoldered it but its true that the headset itself is a little fragile. the sound on them was ok. they do work with 4pole headsets and also the mic and headphone type headsets too if you buy a cheap 4 pole to two 3.5mm cables. if pairing the processor with another headset the more sensitive the headset the more you will pick up a little hiss that remains the same at...
:O it has a montior out type port but that outputs pretty much everything, but the daisy chaining thingy only outputs your voice? so its at a fixed volume? the xp seven processor is king for features but its sound quality is somewhat lacking, i like that i can hook my pc,ps4 and dreamcast all at once to it with one usb switchbox. i use usb for pc 5.1 and chat, then the ps4 is optical and usb for chat via the switchbox, but i also hook a dreamcast up via the mp3 input,...
 thank you for taking the time to answer! aw thats a shame, not sure i can leave mic monitor behind as i like to use closed headsets so i dont annoy my wife, shouting i think will annoy her more than using my open headphones! i have a zxr soundcard and also the blaster 3d external thingy both have the best virtual simulation i find but none have mic monitor :(  (the omni does!) anyone know of any processors that work on ps4 with mic monitor? (i have mixamp, tritton ax amp,...
hi, sorry i have not read the whole thread (2000+ pages!) do you have an x7? do you have a ps4? does it apply the cmss3d or whatever they call it to the ps4? does the usb work on the ps4 for voice chat? does it give two seperate channels to control game, voice levels? (doesnt look like it externally, i keep thinking about ps4 usage) are the opamps rollable (have 2 muses01 and and 2 muses02 not up to much) can it output virtual surround on its line out?
hi,   the dac1 will just convert a stereo lpcm optical signal to a line level analogue output.   this means no fancy surround or dolby headphone stuff.   the usb section simply allows a chat channel in and out to show up on the ps4 aswell.   if you plug an amp into the line out all you will get is the game channel in stereo. you can force the ps4 to output chat to that channel aswell so you could hear chat on the amp too but you wont get any mic monitor and this...