or Connect

Posts by Clean6eR

Thanks, yea i bought the 797's based on that x7 post, i had the others already at home, ill look at your posts, thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
 that video feels a little biased, almost like the dts:X was a engineering soundtrack and the Dolby was an applied effect (like comparing the dts:X track off a blu ray compared to the 5.1 through a mixamp of the same film?) but the Dolby does when compared to the dtsx on the mixamp to TAC shootout i did feels slightly smoothed or muffled. but in turn the surround sounds more organic and the TAC more tin can echo'y. i prefer the echoy because the details seem emphasized...
i got the COP too! i put dynamat inside the cups and their is much less platic ring then and with the holes closed and a chinese set of protien leather and memory foam pads i get a level of isolation unlike ANY other headphones i have. i dont game with them as they are too sensitive for the TAC plus to be honest the mmx300 and t70 are wider sounding but cannot compete for isolation! i was going to buy the custom one studio's at 80ohm hoping they would pick up less hiss on...
sorry my suggestion was a tad patronizing. the direct monitor on the Scarlett without any processing would be my benchmark of zero latency monitoring (this is how i find the Mixamp and TAC monitor) how does the omni compare is what i was asking. the reading a book while using isolating headphones is the way i test how close to zero it is. oddly my x7 with non of the crystal voice on is actually pretty much on point (previously i must have been using the remove back ground...
thanks for the info about the "out of your head" thing. i just watched the 6 min video. used the t70's i must say i hate the processing on movie soundtracks and even more on stereo music tracks but it is a convincing image of stereo speakers in front of you. i prefer using hd800 and clean stereo though. for gaming and 5.1/7.1 could be good! i suggested the razer stuff cos its free and the person can then get an easy sample of the surround effects in what ever game they...
if pc gaming why not download the razer surround software (its free) set it up and play a few rounds of your fav game through the razer then vanilia odac to compare if virtual surround in general helps you pinpoint locations better, if it does its then onto, dts:x,dolby headphone, sbx, razer surround etc etc. i just plugged in my logitech g633 which has dolby headphone AND dts:x so i can switch between then mid game. its true that dts is much more echo'y sounding but...
Napalmhardcore your a legend! i have an onmi but can't be arsed to install the drivers (will do later to compare the delay and ill let you know compared to the x7)   Focusrite Scarlett! i was going to buy one and an audio technica xlr headset to use with razer surround to get what I'm after on the PC.   can you try reading a paragraph to yourself from a book with the monitor on and closed or in ear hp's on the omni and then the scarlett?   I'm almost sure...
 video recording might be too involved for me (I'm a lazy guy)   so on neo record video while capturing audio out of astro/TAC then transfer video from ps4 to pc for transcoding audio to video?   ill look at them elgato's, thanks for the tip off.   update on Mixamp TR:   stream out and HP out have same processing. the magni on stream out actually sounds better than the HP out on this thing.   the mixamp sounds alot more natural than the TAC. the video...
 when pervysage posted that video with the TAC/Astro comparsion its made me what to try some, anyone know any good quality but bottom price bracket capture cards for ps4 etc?
 hi! sad to hear you have been unwell, glad you are better. i apologies for my post being long and quite grammatically inaccurate and often confusing. i don't plan what i type and from one day to the next my opinions change based on the way i feel that day (some days i wanna listen to my denon d7100's and giggle with the bass and others i want a little speed from my stax!) if you want any info or for me to check anything or give a pretty poor impression of anything or...