Posts by jaycalgary

Highway 63  from Fort McMurray to Edmonton is closed due to weather. I had a Greyhound bus ticket but there is no buses till at least tomorrow. I really doubt I can make it this time sorry to say.
"If you had to get Stax electronics"    wtf
Bump. I bought the Lambda Signatures and they are in great shape and look better than the pictures. I think the T1 would be a very good bargain.  
What is wrong with the T1 with the 009's? It's starting to look like my KGSS is going in the closet for a while.
I have the Stax 009's now and will bring them probably with either the KGSS or 717. I will bring the Nad M51 dac and a Stax T1 tube amp with a pair of Lambda 404LE and a pair of Lambda Signatures. If anyone was looking forward to hearing any of the other Stax I have I can bring them but am just trying to make the load more manageable. I will be taking a cab but if anyone has room to get there let me know I am near 16th ave and Center St NW.
I bet it's not a Lambda pro or sig. That headband is rock solid for how light it is. The 407's have a junk plastic headband so I guess that it is Nova or newer.
Are those ones partly made in China?
What do you think it is when people say the HE90 still sounds better than the 009's or 007's? I know I would be embarassed by the gaudy looking amp if I owned this system. I really was hoping there would be a new stat from Sennheiser like everyone else but am glad I have a 009 coming to me in the mail.
I hope the 009's make it. They are the only ones on the list that are being shipped to me and will be close on getting them on time.  
If all goes well my list should be Stax 009's, 007mk1, 404LE, Sigma Pro, Lambda Signature, KGSS, 717, T1 and a Nad M51.