or Connect

Posts by jaycalgary

Found this last week Headphones Classifieds : Buy, Sell and Trade in Canada - Canuck Audio Mart Mostly 2nd hand there is sr225 on there
When you get the Musiland 02 the box it comes in has magnets built into it for opening and closing the box. Was the first time I saw that and a nice touch for packaging.
Mine makes a crackling sound when I start the laptop or plug the usb in. Its not very loud.
Entry Level: 60 Audio-GD Compass (3) Audiotailor Jade (3) AudioTrak imAmp(1) Aune DAC/amp (1) AV123 x-head (1) C & C XO (1) Darkvoice 336SE (2) Darkvoice THA332 (1) Eddie Current EC/SS (1) Gilmore Lite (3) Headamp Pico(2) Head Direct EF1 (3) Head Direct EF2 (1) Heed CanAmp (1) Hotaudio RM-1 (1) HotAudio Thunderbolt II (1) HotAudio Thunderbolt Max (1) iBasso D10 (2) iQube V2 (1) JDS CmoyBB (2) Keces DA-152 (1) K.I.C.A.S. (non-caliente) (1) Little Dot I+ (5) Little Dot MK...
"you say people have been beating up the K702 as far back as you can remember on here" I never said this. I think I said something similar about Sennheiser fanboys. I had no other name and didn't use the computer as much. I use to come on and read the forums about the time the HD650 was going to come out. Don't know what the HD600 or HD650 sound like but I know there is a bias towards high end Sennheisers.
It would be nice to hear about the sound improvement not just how the HD800 is so much better. Was it just a cable to the mini xlr? I think the weakest link is between the mini xlr and the drivers. That's where the coat hangers and the thin cheap wires are. I read somewhere on here someone hooked them up with a "Y" cable and there was improvement in sound and efficiency.
"Out of curiosity, how many here who commented on the K701/2's use(d|s) them recabled?" This is a really good question. I had my old pair of K702 apart yesterday and it looks like AKG uses the absolute cheapest wire inside. There is a whole lot of solder joints to basically a coat hanger that runs through the headband. If your house was wired like the K702 it would never have past inspection.
Its funny in a sick kinda way how hurt people get by taking a poke at the HD800. Sennheiser probably had the K701/2 in mind when the made the HD800. It sure looks like the most of HD800 people have it out for the K701/2 to the point where they make up blatant lies about how they sound. HD800 is overpriced and sounds like it costs about $5k before it sounds really good? I wonder what percent better they consider the HD800 over the K701/2?
I just bought a new K702 because I had a rattle in right driver at high volumes. The serial number about 100 less then the old pair. The difference I can see blue glue around the edges of the old K702. There is visible quality differences between batches. I went back to listen to bass heavy music on Asix's site and the new pair have no problems. I can't see wanting more bass then the K702 offers.
From what I have read the K1000 is concidered better but in a class of their own like apples and oranges so they say. The K701/2 has been referred to as the poor mans HD800 and must be some similaritys in sound to make that referance. If they can talk you out of $1400 for the headphones and another $1200 for a cable I won't bash your headphone. I see how many of you do get upset when someone criticizes your precious. I also see how many of you feel so good about...