Posts by jaycalgary

I haven't compared to any others around the same power but I like my Shanling PH100.
The best Koss portables are 60 ohm and they are easily powered on portable mp3 players etc.
Thanks for the hearing test I did not do so well. I could hear to 15khz and no further. Then I went back to try if if was 15khz in both ears and it was not. 15khz in right ear and actually only 14khz in left. Could always be worse.
I sometimes I regard the country as a deciding factor of my purchases. You can try and be as politically correct as you want to be. French wine, Colombian coffee, Cuban cigars etc. I am impressed by some of the stuff that comes out of China. A lot of it is not designed there but is made there because of cheap labor. Quality control can suffer and the people may be less skilled.
Thank for the advice I have been looking up as much as possible and have seen the 71a mentioned but have not found any schematics yet. Sounds like a few people have built this type of headphone amp.
Does AIMP2 modify the sound?
Are you wearing a mickey mouse shirt? Sorry my bad jk
Just curious what type of output transformer do tube amps for headphones use? I know that tube amps for speakers usually use output transformers with secondary at 4,8 or 16 ohms but the headphones I am looking at are 600 ohms. I think there might be preamp output transformers that have 600 ohm out. Am I misguided on how this would work? It's pretty ambitious but I am looking to the future of what I would like to try for a set up and it is not very common on here I...
Sorry you feel snubbed I buy enough things from China like we all do. If China puts out a great headphone I may buy it.There still is a reason why top headphones like HD800,T1 are made in Germany. Kinda like how the Swiss are known for watches etc. How many great company's are gone now or are just a shell of a great company thanks to the cheap slave labor costs of China?
I am in Calgary and emailed Planet of Sound. The HD800 is almost $2k in Canada. I have K702 and I am enjoying them. Has there been any changes with the T1? Like soundstage opening up a bit more or more detail. I get the impression that voices will sound more natural with the T1 over the HD800 but the HD800 will bring out more detail? Does one do better then the other with the "Sss" sound?