Posts by jaycalgary

Nice too know thanks. Not a smart idea to ask about ebay items like this especially if seriously interested. They are 4x the price since I saw them and over 3 days left. Must be a nice sounding system.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/STAX-SRM1-MK2-CAS...item20af686571 Anyone know what Stax headphones these are and around what price range this set up would be worth?
MUSICAL FIDELITY X-CAN-V3 HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER - Canuck Audio Mart Somebody is looking for one here. Sorry I got the model they are looking for wrong. Wish I could delete this post but cant see anywhere to do it.
I haven't compared to any others around the same power but I like my Shanling PH100.
The best Koss portables are 60 ohm and they are easily powered on portable mp3 players etc.
Thanks for the hearing test I did not do so well. I could hear to 15khz and no further. Then I went back to try if if was 15khz in both ears and it was not. 15khz in right ear and actually only 14khz in left. Could always be worse.
I sometimes I regard the country as a deciding factor of my purchases. You can try and be as politically correct as you want to be. French wine, Colombian coffee, Cuban cigars etc. I am impressed by some of the stuff that comes out of China. A lot of it is not designed there but is made there because of cheap labor. Quality control can suffer and the people may be less skilled.
Thank for the advice I have been looking up as much as possible and have seen the 71a mentioned but have not found any schematics yet. Sounds like a few people have built this type of headphone amp.
Does AIMP2 modify the sound?
Are you wearing a mickey mouse shirt? Sorry my bad jk