Posts by jaycalgary

oops
He doesn't. It's not on the order page.
Funny questions to be asking here don't you think? They are Stax cables and this is the Stax thread.
I can't believe the hard time the guy is getting on here for re cabling his 009's. I think it is the most interesting thing on here in a while and there probable isn't too many people on here that wouldn't like to hear if there is a difference. I wanted to hear how the 009 cable would sound on the 007's. At this level you only have 2 cables to choose from and it takes soldering skills that Stax doesn't even have at times. I am also glad to see the inside picture of the...
Sure the 009's are nice but it is also nice to switch to the 007's for a while too. They are easier on the ears and more bass impact than the 009's. I find them more comfortable, lighter and a more clever design than the 009's.
Sad to see small scratchs all ready showing up around the back of the aluminum cups. The only thing that was against them was a pillow or set down on a cloth surface.
http://app.audiogon.com/listings/planars-stax-els-f83x-100-240-volt-electrostatic-speakers-very-rare-2013-02-19-speakers-denmark--2
There is next to no information or reviews about the STAX DA-50M on the internet I could find and nobody ever mentioned hearing them with esl57's. Not even a pic with the cover off.  There was info about the DA-100M and the downside was that it is a bit anemic in the bass but  lot of indication that these were great amps in the day. The amp that I have been thinking about is a OTL tube kit  from " Transcendent Sound" Son of Beast OTL 15W a channel OTL Amplifier. I just...
I am looking for amps and I stumbled on a pair or STAX DA-50M amps for sale. Has anyone ever heard these with the esl57's? It would be about $2k to buy them and pretty scratched up but works well. I see there is a switch on them for Class A and Class A/B. If the Class A/B switch was hit playing reasonably loud wouldn't there be a big chance the esl57's would be smoked?
Looks god awful. Especially the gaudy red horns. Is there even one thing done to make the room good for sound?