or Connect

Posts by jaycalgary

I read in another thread that that HD800 Has a artificially big soundstage. That it is always big even when it is not called for. This was someone comparing them to Stax
Are these great headphones for tv watching? I have been using my K702 and an example is watching a show "Ghost Hunters" they play recordings when the catch a ghosts on tape. Nothing ever seems to be there will the D48 do any better?
I'm not really calling you a bully. If anyone is new to Headfi this thread runs at least once a week. Even the great HD800 doesn't sound good playing the same old broken record.
Unless your saying that the K701/2 are in the same class then it is like being a bully degrading a great headphone to praise a Mr big bucks headphone.
I haven't been buying into the bass light bass heavy drivers at least not yet. It has been an issue with other great headphones though. Who knows maybe they started using a higher power magnet.
Don't you think the HD800 looks like a plasticky version of Sony sa-5000? They look a lot like the same design.
I read in another thread the HD800 has big soundstage but the problem is it always stays big even if the soundstage in the music is narrow.
Ok enough is enough I get it HD800 is the god of all headphones. All the usual suspects taking pokes at the K701/2 anyway they can. Only missing uncle fester with how they are plasticky and weird sounding. Whatever that means.
How would the T1 compare to the K1000?
Sounds like you can't find enough good things to say about the HD800. Are you liking the HD800 over the T1 now. I have been keeping my eye out for K1000 because from what I have read so far it is still superior to the HD800.