Posts by jaycalgary

How scarry do you think the water damage on the Stax F83's. To me it looks like it leaked down near the bottom of the speakers into the transformer area quite a bit. I would consider buying them and having them sent to be rebuilt but I would hope they wont turn into a nightmare. Any input on this? Thanks Jay
Do you know this for a fact? I am pretty sure my brown 007s mk1 are all lambskin and the 007 mk2 are mostly lambskin with the part that goes under the ring pleather. My 404 limited,507's and 009's also have real leather.
Can I have the other thread back along with this one? Too many chronic posters posting nonsense as far as I am concerned. I would be happy if they kept their gibberish on one of the Stax threads and the other a bit more quiet and a bit more interesting.
Is Goo Gone a type of toilet paper?
I don't let any of my stats see sunlight.
Lucky guy. I would hate the bright red power light. I want one of those for my 007 mk1's. Must be a very slight step up from the KGSS on the 009's.
Why feel bad it is a good amp for a decent price. I feel bad for how misguided this thread has been the past few pages.
Signatures are more open sounding than even the 009's I think. Briefly listened to the 009's, Sr-x pros and the Lambda Signatures the other day and that was the first impression of them i had. Wide open.
Nice way to save $500 or so. I'm sure it won't sound as good as having the box but probably wouldn't be using either for very long anyway. I think I will eventually try this to see what it is like though.
There was the ED-1 version for the Signature for sale here a while back. That is the one I would have wanted and should have bought. It didn't sell very quickly believe it or not and was under $500. I think they get used as a novelty and pretty much just for collecting. If anything that Smyth Realiser would be the way to go.