Posts by metabaron

As the other poster pointed out, a couple of sales reduced the price to $79. Which is, by the way, normal for most IEs. They start out at a very inflated price and come down to a more reasonable price eventually, only with the REO it was a very dramatic reduction in price.
Sound Quality? From Bose? At Headfi? Oh my, let me get the popcorn...
Problem is, the REO was originally $200, so regardless what price they are at now, they should still be compared in the $150 to $200 range in terms of SQ.
Thanks, and not to worry. We as fans (and I include myself in that group, if not, why even post at headfi) can be extremelly passionate about a product, in positivite and sometimes negative ways. In my normal circle of friends, people could not give a flip about headphones costing over $100 (they still think Bose is top of the line, regardless of what I say) so finding a community of people that share your interests is very exciting to me (not so much for my wallet). I...
That should have read apoligize, not apoligized. Not on my opinion, I believe build quality and QC are essential parts of the earphone experience, but I simply believe this was not the right forum to expose this problem and that first post just didn't come out right. File it under typing out loud. Things that sound fine in one's head (and in another language, I might add) don't necessarily translate as well when typing, especially from your iTouch. I don't want to...
People, let it go. I already said that I should kept that first coment to myself. It was shocking to find a $300+ product in that condition, but if it is an isolated incident then well. My problem, though, was reported elsewhere and even in this thread, my cable wasn't frayed, it was loose from the right socket, while the left one has superglue encrusted all the way from the phone socket to the cable. One last thing though. I didn't accuse Westone of making crappy...
Quote: Originally Posted by tstarn06 You are really making somewhat of a fool out of yourself, to be honest. That's not name-calling, just stating the attitude you are copping. Why don't you just get your money back and get some other brand, so there are no issues with built (sic) quality? As long as a company makes good, why resort to such hostility? The Westone rep offered to help you out, and he's a good guy. You, however, seem to be something else....
Troll? I paid $350 for a product that I still have not been able to try. That gives me the right to complaint about the built quality of the product, regardless of how quickly a representative got back to me. Considering that I am not the only one that has gotten a badly built one, I am guessing this is not an isolated insident. by the way, since you don' t personally know me, I will apreciate if you refrain of calling me names.
Quote: Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 We'll get ya squared away. Sorry that happened. What can one do, seems the Shure story all over again. Well, that ought to teach me to not trust reviews of products done by fans of the product.
Quote: Originally Posted by tstarn06 p0wderh0und23 is his HF moniker, but why not just return them where you got them, since they are so new? Or did you get them direct from Westone? Either way, you will have no problems getting a new replacement pair is my guess. This is not the norm, as all manufacturers have issues. But Westone customer service is very good, from what I have read. And Doug, the rep, is also very, very helpful. I got them online...