Posts by metabaron

Who did you get them from?
The static is normal for all IE Sennheiser. It goes away after a few hours of use.
Quote: Originally Posted by Gbjerke Go for it I see you have both IEM (UM3X and IE8). How would you compare the isolation between the two. I know the 8s don't isolate anywhere near the Westones, but is the difference really noticiable?
Oh, I know that they are very different animals, which is the reason why I want to get them. No point in getting two similar sounding headphones at that price range. I willl probably, either get the 3x reshelled into customs, or if I prefer the sound signature in one of them more, just selling the other. Quote: Originally Posted by mvw2 I see you use the UM3X. I'll just note that the IE8 is sort of on the other end of the spectrum in terms of a lot...
I used to own the Sennheiser IE7, but sold it to get the Westone UM3X. Since mine came defective out of the box and had to be send to Westone for a replacement, I have been left without a good pair of earphones. After all this time, I have realized that I actually miss the sound of my IE7, and have been thinking in getting another pair. But then, I thought to myself, why not upgrade to the 8s instead? This is where my dilema comes. I have read a few reviews and some...
As the other poster pointed out, a couple of sales reduced the price to $79. Which is, by the way, normal for most IEs. They start out at a very inflated price and come down to a more reasonable price eventually, only with the REO it was a very dramatic reduction in price.
Sound Quality? From Bose? At Headfi? Oh my, let me get the popcorn...
Problem is, the REO was originally $200, so regardless what price they are at now, they should still be compared in the $150 to $200 range in terms of SQ.
Thanks, and not to worry. We as fans (and I include myself in that group, if not, why even post at headfi) can be extremelly passionate about a product, in positivite and sometimes negative ways. In my normal circle of friends, people could not give a flip about headphones costing over $100 (they still think Bose is top of the line, regardless of what I say) so finding a community of people that share your interests is very exciting to me (not so much for my wallet). I...
That should have read apoligize, not apoligized. Not on my opinion, I believe build quality and QC are essential parts of the earphone experience, but I simply believe this was not the right forum to expose this problem and that first post just didn't come out right. File it under typing out loud. Things that sound fine in one's head (and in another language, I might add) don't necessarily translate as well when typing, especially from your iTouch. I don't want to...