or Connect

Posts by metabaron

I imagine because some people prefer to wear headphones over ear. It also helps with the microphonic issue that some ie have.
I did get the S500 through Amazon.com, but the S500i are available now at the Apple store. That's were I tried them before I purchased them. If you have one close I would go there, if not I imagine they already have them online.
The thing is, I don't know if technology is advancing at a pace where the lower price on these is justified, or really a lot of the microdrivers headphones out there (like the Yamahas) are/were really overpriced. I think they go for $90 now, and even then I would recommend the S500 over them and the ones that Audio Technica released a few years ago.
I didn't think they were bad, but I don't have them anymore so that should be a sign that they were not a favorite of mine. This S500 are definitely better in my opinion though.
Please keep in mind that these are very early impressions, without any burn in if you believe in it and with just a few songs, but for now I'm really glad I got them. And I really have to wonder how can RHA afford to sell them at these price. Between built quality and performance they really just kill the competition. They only negatives I can think of is that the cable, without music playing, is very microphonic, and the almost sibilant upper region in a couple songs.
Ok I just got my set and these are very quick impressions. The built quality is absurd at this price point, I'm not kidding about that. Just for that this set should be more expensive that $40. The accessories are great as well, 7 pairs of tips including a double flange, and even though it doesn't come with a hard case the pouch is incredible high quality (it really is gorgeous). The S500 is beautiful, built like a tank yet sleek and incredibly comfortable. It reminds me a...
The driver flex on the left side is horrendous and makes me not want to listen to them, and it seems to be a widespread problem with this model.
I recently got the S1 and the driver flex on the left side is pretty bad, I read that it was a common issue on the S1s. I also have the S0 and the Jives and experience no problem with them, so I'm wondering whether this is a spread problem as with the S1 or more of an isolated issue.
Wow, the driver flex issue is that bad, uh? I know it's pretty bad on the S1, if is that bad on the S3 is a deal breaker for me.
I use my ipod so the remote is not really necessary. I will give my impression of it, but I have to say that the built quality alone is impressive in this price range (I saw them at the Apple store).