Posts by mikemercer

Ghostly Sampler w/ Beacon & others  Kele - Trick
WELL-PLAYED sir!!!!
I'm leanin' on em TODAY especially - to find that out!!!! Those are what I'm interested in most - between the 2 models. Because, if I'm gonna spend that kinda money (cheaper, but not cheap of course) on a pair of Audezes that look AND Sound terrific - I want em closed for using em' anywhere! Though if I could afford it,I'b buy the open-backs in A SECOND too admittedly gettin' ready for the BIZNESS
Sorry in advance! Can't WAIT to fire up my new, bigger iPhone 6 in the morning -typing on my phone - in case this is horrifically expressed...Thank you for reading and for the kind words!This is some CRAZY COSMIC S__! NO joke..(can't sleep - after pulling all-nighter last night to get some editorials done on-time)As I'm listening to my personal FAVE portable system RIGHT NOW!!! It is:My AK240 + DHC Comp4 Litz + Lehmann Audio Traveler battery-powered amp!!Now - this might...
ANYTIME! So at least one of my presumptions has proven true, to me - which is that, while the EL-8 open-backs are giving me some truly fantastic listening sessions/experiences - They were clearly not designed to be LCD-Killers! So if you're still in-pursuit of the ultimate reference from Audeze - the LCD Series is still the cream of the crop!!Actually - sayin' the EL-8s are like a sonic collision of the LCD-2s + 650s on steroids - but in a smaller, tighter, more modern...
THANX bro
In my production model - (and I JUST answered this SAME question on FB - CRAZY) - the treble is certainly NOT "laid-back" to my ears,nor was it outta the box! The whole sound-stage expanded after initial break-in, but I never considered the treble recessed! MIGHT be a pre-production demo unit.. I was just saying that (I owned 650s - not 700s however) I feel the EL-8 is far more full-bodied - with extension in the highs and lows that ripple out and come-back with lightning...
I was going to ask the exact same thing!!
OH - she still LOVES the XC.She says listening to that on my Cavalli LAu is like "being in a sick club" - I usually play DJ for her - and I've been turning her onto some, what I would call intelligent electronic music - all very-well recorded - like Eskmo, Amon Tobin, Shlohmo, Kele, Mr. C, Morgan Page... I love my Audio-Technica M50x too!GOTTA admit it - just bangin' it tonight w/ the up-coming CEntrance HiFi-Skyn (a prototype)!!:  this has just been ridiculous though -...
Wow-   This has been a sincere pleasure - blissin' out to some tunes in the early-morning, couldn't sleep...   Don't get me wrong - I listened to this lil' system before (HiFi-Skyn + WyWires Red + Alpha Primes) and it was also very impressive then! W/ a clear head -    and even though I'm still up - that also means the Earth is quieter around me - not for long now though!!   Listening to everything from Nas to Tori Amos streaming via TIDAL - to Eskmo, The Swell...