Posts by mikemercer

WOWI HAD to send this to my friend living there!!!! 
Psyched you're coming brother!!
that IS a tough one!But, unlike many of my audio writing friends (who buck under such questioning) after careful consideration: I would actually go w/ the MHA100 in this case! I say that as I run my HP4 w/ the D100 often - so I know the sound of that pairing.When I had the MAC STACKI remember thinking the D100 and MHA100 made a better all-around musical package. I didn't think it was becausethe MHA100 was better than the HP4 - I just think the sonic synergy between the...
Sure! Im putting together a column dedicated to headphone cables - as the segment as getting just as packed as signal cable in the high end!Think I'm going to publish it at Audio360.org...I'll keep everybody up on that. But DHC is going to be ALL OVER IT! And I don't like to use the word "best" to describe audio - as all our "bests" will differ - but, maybe, for the first time I MAY call DHC the "best for me" in headphone cables. Peter's cables are like the Nordost of...
oh man, you guys made my weekend.It means alot when you pour your heart into a piece like that and people feel it.Seriously.THANK YOU
Thanks guys! I know its not easy to find for some reason - so I'm VERY touched that you guys have found it!I'm preparing to do an in-depth review for Positive Feedback - since that's where my first review of the JH-13s was published.  I also LOVE Peter's DHC cables!Can't WAIT to have em on my Roxannes!!
Right on!Will share my impressions of my experiences w/ the Carot One ASAP...Tonight is date-night w/ the wifey!!  WOW! I'm humbled brother. It's truly an honor when I hear that  - that you trusted the words and my expression and passion enough that you went for it!You made my WEEK bro! NICE!!
that's a KILLER combination - Roxy's and the AK240!I took a plane ride recently out East (live in Cali) and that combo was so engaging the flight was over before I knew it!I also really dig em w/ the new Glove Audio A1 (by CEntrance) DAC/Amp for A&K AK100 & AK120! My review of the Glove should be published at Part-Time Audiophile any day now. These CIEMs are simply fantastic!!!! Believe me - they get better and better with burn-in!!!! They also sound terrific w/ my ALO...
My LAu is truly my #1 Reference Amp in the Sonic Satori Personal Audio Lab!   Every time I sit down to listen, I get lost in the tunes. THAT's the mark of a great amp/system to me! I wrote a review of the LAu HERE at Head-Fi - but my main review is coming SOON!   Had to delay it for all sorts of BS reasons (well, make some money to pay it off first, LOL - and keep the lights on) - LOL But I'm working on it RIGHT NOW!   I'm going to dedicate a whole column to the...
I'm eager to hear the new stuff from them!!