Posts by mikemercer

ThanX for sharing our link here! Was going to, just been bogged-down in pre-CES hell.Highly appreciated!  
Fellas: first official blurb from Alex Rosson on EL-8,w/ a shout-out to the Head-Fi community -  from us here at Audio360.org:CHECK HERE we love our community
Saw it. Can't WAIT to share more. But man somethin' DOPE is comin...
Just about done w/ my review of the LC for Headphone.Guru...   Alex -    If I didn't own an LAu - I'd be buying this. FORGET ALL THE FLOWERY PROSE..   Well, I put my heart into that too, but...   This has been a magical sonic joyride, with cans ranging from Sennheiser HD-800, Momentums, HD7 DJs, Monster Pro over & on-ears,   Grado SR325is, Audeze LCD-2F, 3F,X, XC, Audio-Technica ATH-900X, MrSpeakers Alpha Prime (could be my FAVE pairing), Master & Dynamic...
AWESOME! Than I'll bring a portable rig AND a kill desktop rig!! hopefully - I'll be able to bring this AMAZING new Exemplar tube headphone amp prototype by then!!!On the beta team - and people GOTTA hear this!!!! We'll see!!
SURE!! Thanks for the vital feedback to pass along to Synergistic Research!!
GREAT idea!!!! I don't play around when it comes to acquiring Sennheiser cans!Now - I inherited my HD800a from my dearly departed friend Lee Weiland (formerly of Cryoparts - one of the original Sponsors of Head-Fi)so I have alot of emotional attachment w/ those.. But ALL MY OTHERS - I've gotten from an authorized Sennheiser dealer,or Senn direct when I reviewed a pair and wanna buy it this sounds SO good w/ my HD800s right now!It's a protoype (on the Beta team) for an...
Caribou - Our Love (Reviewed it for Positive Feedback in the latest issue)  
WOW!   I've been a fan of iFi products goin' back to my iCAN, iPhono, and my trusted iUSB PowerPlant - but when I got to hear the Micro iDSD at Canjam w/ my buddy Alex (Rosson - from Audeze) w/ my LCD-XCs I was simply blown-away!!   So, because its become so popular, it took a bit to get a unit for review (which I'm definitely keeping) - but, the wait was WORTH IT!!   This was the PERFECT couch system for drowning out all the political arguing goin' on during our...
This is off-topic - but I'll be reviewing it SOON - and since it is such a GIANT KILLER:   Got the HRT MusicStreamer HD USB DAC this weekend, and WHOAH! It destroyed the internal DAC in my Woo WA7 Fireflies!   and for under 500 bucks - having balanced output and single-ended RCAs... I can't WAIT to try it on my Cavalli LAu!   But, in the meantime - I gotta admit that I also put it up against my MYTEK Stereo-192 DSD DAC, and the HRT HD also destroyed that - in...