Posts by mikemercer

This just flat-out pisses me off!as this is OLD WORLD THINKING  Like this dealer I know who yelled at me, literally yelled at me, when I walked into the Los Angeles & Orange County Audio Society Gala last year (of which I'm the Senior VP of Personal Listening - so this seemed odd all around): He said "Michael how can you support all of these personal audio companies, they sell stuff on Amazon"! I said "Amazon is the largest online retailer on the planet" "You want me to...
ThanX bro.I really needed to hear that today. Big UPS man. It's been a really bad morning!Thankfully submitted a review into PFO before things went south, but...Well, its always something right?? WE had to put our oldest pet down yesterday.I ended up in as LONG listening sesh - w/ my Studio Six and HD800s!
 Thanks for the kind words Marv - seriously bro.Been a rough couple of weeks since CanMania at Capital Audio Fest (wifeys not doin so well and other family s__) - I know our styles and outlooks are different when it comes to writing/impressions/things like that - but I've always respected your approach, as you know. I'm psyched you get where I'm coming from - the OLD SCHOOL way of Hp and The Absolute Sound (how the gear is the vehicle to the MUSIC we love) - so it's about...
this post MADE MY MORNING @AnakChan!   I love my AK240 + Roxannes system.Perfect for travel obviously, but it has significant musical edges over most of my portable rigs of the past - As the Roxannes do NOT image like any CIEM I've experienced before (as stated in my Head-Fi review HERE) - the more they break-in -and YES, they continue to open up in the midband and in low-end extension- the more they sound like great on or over-ear cans! This is a technological mystery...
there are a couple peeps who bought it that wrote to me.I'll ask them if they're members - and if so, if they can share their impressions!!
thanX brothaWholly appreciate that  NO JOKE!
It was excellent!Which is why I said I'm totally down for it. But - the part about Norah Jones,well, that was funny too. Because, as Warren knows - I'm the first to admit that while I worked for the producer of her first two albums (Arif Mardin), I didn't get it - not then, or now!But, I was proven WAAYY WRONG on that one!! But, he also produced "Wind Beneath My Wings" - which I told him I would NEVER forgive him for!! Though he was a great man and one of the last great...
right on! and I'm not missin' out and any T's too  psyched for the Meet,and I'm chillin' on vacation w/ family on the beach in Delaware!!!! Think I'm just gonna bring some portables as I'm gonna be BEAT(comin' back Aug 6th to N. Cali - then gotta drive down soon afterw/ Liang)... But - At the very least:  HiFi-M8 - w/ iPod Classic for storage and Audeze LCD-XCThe Up-coming Glove Audio A1 DAC/Amp for AstellnKern AK120/100 (using my AK120) w/ Audeze LCD-2 w/ FazorThe...
I've known Andy for years as well.He loves what he does - and he KNOWS this industry so well (from his time at Monster and Meridian to Cardas to JHA).He also mixed Woodstock! So he knows sound,and he knows how to make customers happy - and he's one of the hardest working people I know, period.
hey @Byrnie!! so sorry I missed you the day of the Meet!Wanted to say hi too - my cousin and I (Kenny Gould, my older cousin I always talk about - who works for Stevie Wonder - he's more like my older brother) ended up having a listening sesh of our own at his house early afternoon: He was given an AK240 loaner from Owen and so we got DEEP into listening to our AK240s and JH Audios: He the JH-13 Freqphase and me the Roxannes!Also did a TON of listening w/ the up-coming...