Posts by LaDolceVita

I'm selling my pair of Koss PortaPro because I barely use them. I got the ATH-AD700 shortly after I bought these, so I didn't use them for too long. They're like new, and come with the vinyl travel bag. $25, includes Paypal and shipping to US or Puerto Rico. (Click to view larger)
Now I've narrowed it down to the SR80i and MS1i. Everyone says they're both great with metal, so I can't go wrong with neither of them, but I'm a little worried that the MS1i might be too neutral
Quote: Originally Posted by outlawdon Depends on your taste in sound and music. There is NO better, just preference. You've read all the threads (Differences between SR80s and MS1s? - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio) so you know the strengths and weaknesses of each model. I haven't heard the MS1 but I love my SR80's low end punch, tightness and accuracy and overall fun factor. With quarter modded comfies over PX100 pads, it's...
Thanks for your responses. Someone suggested the Alessandro MS1 instead of the Grado SR80. I know there are countless threads comparing these two headphones, but I wanted to ask what's your opinion about this before making a final decision.
Hello everyone: I decided to buy the Grado SR225, but then I read in several threads that the difference between the SR225 and SR80 is not that big to justify the $100 difference. Is that true? For now, I'll be using a 5th Gen 30GB iPod and a MacBook as sources and as an amp, I have a fiio E5. Thanks in advance!
I've decided that I'll buy the SR225i. Listening to bands like Muse, Led Zeppelin, Opeth, Rammstein and Dream Theater through them must be amazing. They need an adaptor to be able to use them through the headphone jack, right?
Thanks for your responses. I think I'll get the SR225i, and later down the road I'll get a decent DAC/AMP for them. Which ones do you recommend? Also, someone mentioned the Alessandro MS1i. When compared to the Grado SR225i, which one is better for rock/metal? Is the difference in sound too big?
I've decided to buy a pair of Grado cans. I've read countless threads on the subject, but I have a final question: Do you think is better to buy the Grado SR80i + an amp (like the Total Airhead or PA2V2, for example) or just get the SR225i without an amp? Through which setup I will get the most out of my music? I'm still a newbie, so for now I will be using a 5th gen 30GB iPod and a 13 inch Unibody MacBook as sources. This would be my second pair of cans, since I...
Wow! I just find it hard to believe considering they're only ~ $30!
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Blood_Raven Honestly, how can the RX700s be in the same league as the ATH-M50s and Denon D1001s when they are a third the price! I know higher price =/= greater quality all the time, but this is ridiculous. I have the same question. Are the RX700s that good?