Posts by LaDolceVita

Which Sennheiser would you recommend?   I liked the SR80, but it's just too bright for me. Are the Alessandro MS1 and SR225 more balanced?     
I listen mostly to rock and metal (bands like Rammstein, Muse, HIM, Led Zeppelin, Opeth, Apocalyptica, AC/DC, etc) and after reading countless threads, I decided to get a pair of Grado cans. I ended up buying a pair of SR-80i, and although they sound really good with the type of music I listen to, they are too bright at times and I can't listen to them for more than 2 hours (I think they're fatiguing). So my question is: which headphones should I try next? I don't care...
I own both of them, and they're both great headphones. Yes, the AD700s are more comfortable, but the SR80is are comfortable too, you just have to adjust them. For my music taste (I listen mostly to rock and metal) the SR80is are better. I remember the first time I tried them and listened to Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd I was blown away (which makes me wonder how amazing could the SR225i be lol). The AD700s have a huge soundstage and are great for classical, acoustic...
Quote: Originally Posted by TheMiddleSky then just try reverse mod HD414 pad or bowl pad, it'll remove that muddy instantly Which one do you think will be better: HD414 pads reversed or bowl pads?
Quote: Originally Posted by TheMiddleSky what pad are you using now? bowl? or comfy? Comfy
I've been using them practically non-stop since I got them. They're awesome! My only complaint is that the bass is a little "muddy" at times, specially in heavier songs. Do you think using the reversed 414 pads will improve this?
Finally, I decided to get the Grado SR80i. They'll be here by Friday. So excited!
Bump Price lowered
FOUND
Hi! I would like to purchase a pair of Grado SR80is in good condition. If you would like to sell them, please send me a PM with the asking price. I have Paypal.