Posts by LaDolceVita

Thank you very much for the detailed response, it's great to read an opinion of someone that owns both headphones and see a side by side comparison. I came across an offer I can't refuse (hehe) on a pair of DT880, 250 ohm so it's good to hear this. In terms of portability it's not too important because I'll be using them at home. I'm getting an LOD too for my iPod to connect it to the amp. If I order everything today I should have it by the end of the week.Thanks to...
 Thanks for your input. Since you had both,which one did you prefer? Nice!I have most of my files in ALAC, then some of them in AAC or 320. Are you happy with the performance of the Magni with your iPod? 
So after spending the last few days going through the suggestions posted on the thread (and by the way, thanks to everyone!) and reading reviews in the forums, I decided I'll get the Magni amp and the HD 600, later down the road I might get the Modi DAC but at the moment I'm in no rush. For a moment I was considering the Beyerdynamic DT 880 but apparently the general consensus is that the HD 600 is superior in most aspects and it's worth the price. Before I pull the...
Thank you very much for the detailed response!I've read consistently good reviews on these headphones over the years and looked at some reviews on how they perform with the type of music I listen and I've read really positive feedback. Are these headphones difficult to drive?I looked at the amps you mentioned and I was wondering if I should prioritize an amp over a DAC or viceversa and if an amp/DAC combo would be a better option, or if I should even forget about a DAC...
I have a Mac, so I'm kinda stuck with iTunes.
So far I'm happy with my iPod, it has good storage capabilities, it's small, with a good cover it's pretty much indestructible and like you said the UI is great. My experience with iTunes has not been too bad either and sure, they can improve in some areas but generally speaking I have no major complaints.
I mostly use an iPod touch 4th gen and a MacBook as sources (I'm aware they're not the top of the line and have a bad reputation) and I'm looking for advice as to what my approach should be to improve my listening experience. I'm starting to get into vinyl too (still a beginner) and I have an Audio Technica AT-LP60 turntable for that purpose. I was wondering if getting better headphones and an amp is worth it given my sources. Right now I have a pair of Grado SR-80i which...
Living in the US, I listen to some radio shows from Europe and that gives me the opportunity to discover bands that otherwise I would never hear of. Also, I search online for bands/musicians that have a similar style to the ones I already like, I have discovered a lot of artists this way. 
Thank you for mentioning this, after listening to this recording all I can say is: wow! And immediately I placed an order to buy this fantastic album. It's always great for me to discover violinists I've never heard of before. I saw she also recorded the Beethoven, I have to give it a listen as well.
 I'm actually trying to decide between these two. From what I've read in the forum, they both have great reviews and most people are happy with either of them. But I do find that reviewers like joker and ClieOS lean more towards the GR07. The difference in price is not huge, and apparently both are what I'm looking for. Decisions!