Posts by fallingreason

My impression/review is up    http://www.head-fi.org/t/767950/nuprime-udsd-usb-dac-review
uDSD Review   Build Quality and Design:  The build quality is excellent. The chassis/casing is overall similar to the NuForce uDAC units, but the finish is much nicer.  The contrasting bright silver logo is a nice design touch. The RCA jacks are of higher quality than the uDAC units. In fact, they are nearly identical to those used on my CEntrance DACmini, and by memory the HDP.  This immediately let’s me know that the device’s line level output signal is to be taken...
Pm'd
I have found Westone 3's now 30's to pair very well with both my iPhone 5 and 5s.  
CEntrance is very slow with communication and repairs in my past experience.  I had a DACmini CX repaired and it took just over 3 months from when I dropped it off to when it was returned to me.
 Still my go-to universal, after 3 years =)
I have found the iPhone 5 and Westone 3 to have good synergy in general.
May depend on what hardware you are using. I always had to EQ my IE8 out of a DAP, but from a dedicated DAC/Amp it always sounded great. I used NuForce and CEntrance.
Selling my Cowon J3 as I am moving to the Sony A17.   It is good condition.  The screen is great, but the plastic body has a few scuffs from normal handling.  Never had an issue with the unit and always has been updated to the latest firmware.    The cover on the bottom which covers the microSD slot and USB connection broke off due to the flimsy attachment. The USB port is clean as I regularly dust it with compressed air.   Battery life is remains excellent, I just...
I would stick with the W30.