Posts by MDR30

Needed to separate the steel headband from the plastic yoke. All you need is a flat bladed knife. Insert it carefully between plastic and steel, then gently pull the metal piece out. Done. Clicks easily back into place. Some lubrication with a pencil will help if there's a squeak problem.   
My present everyday set-up:     Modified K500 connected balanced (two plugs), a special trick of the anode/cathode output of the Audiotailor Jade. Terrific sound stage and airiness. GEC 6AS7G (or Tung Sol 5998) output tube, Telefunken ECC808 driver tube (with adapter).     The standard K500 has a 1/8-1/4 inch plug, and if you've lost the adapter I've found a replacement. This adapter doesn't have the usual thread, but a larger one. AKG original to the left,...
Returned to these again after I've made some improvements on the amp front, and they sound better than ever. There's attack, presence, resolution and power. If you spot a pair - grab them.   Here are the three different versions:  
Tried my hands with these, the usual tricks, but found it very difficult to make them cooperate.The drivers are beautiful (my avatar) and look very well engineered. I'd be happy to learn from your experiments.
 Give us your thoughts. Music played?
Pull out the tubes out, reinsert them a couple of times. Sand the pins if they're oxidized. Works 9 out of... 10 times.
 Hello, This amp may have been dicussed later in the thread, but I wonder if there are boards and transformer available from somewhere. Or maybe an even better, simple DIY amp design?
Found some pics that were maybe posted in other threads - look'em up, removal of the resistor network is worthwhile.       Here you see the three screws:     Driver assembly to the right - the soft plastic rim holds the cloth in place at the back of the driver (locked in place by the screws). Just to pull off when dismantled:       Driver assembly without cloth:     Pads had that special, comfortable and durable material (alcantara I think). Ear...
How do I remove the headband strap of the Gamma? It's probably a snap lock, but I don't want to break the plastic part.