Posts by MDR30

So, received the new batteries from Ali Express. Cell phone battery type BAK 323036P.       I ordered two, 7 dollars each, free shipping.       As usual, opened the Clip at one point with a small blade, then using the thumbnail around the edges.       Desoldered the small circuit board from the old battery, soldered the new one into place.       Taped small board and battery together.       Fixed the battery to the case with double sided...
The HD565 driver has a different connection than the HD580/600/650. The voice coil is soldered directly to the springs, so the springs can't be replaced. And I have yet to hear from someone who managed to solder the enamelled, extremely thin voice coil wire. Extra care is needed when stretching the springs for better connection when you have a problem with a channel falling out.  
Happened again, I sat on the Clip and the jack broke. See, almost no solder at this point.     Fixed that.     Enough solder for another mishap.   Stubborn me decided not to leave these not working devices unused.   My first Sansa Clip+ that I reported on at the beginning of this thread and heavily rapaired I left in a restaurant.   The second one worked fine until the battery ran down and couldn't be charged. Left in the drawer, bought a third one for 30€...
Interesting with the back cover of the driver vibrating, like a passive radiator/damper. Is there a better photo to show the material and design?
    Hmm, similar, eh?
Mighty fine, to quote Francis Vincent. How do you find the sound now after a couple a' weeks?
 German Quad, also makes the legendary ESL57. This is a remake of the Jörg Jecklin Float - and it pictures both the headphone and the man.
Had some time to spend and decided to dig this little unit out of the cupboard for a more elaborate evaluation. Did some listening with different op amps and tubes, and noticed that the tube made the most noticable difference.  Of the five chips I had available I thought the supplied Texas Instruments NE5532P and a Burr Brown 2604AP slightly less open and defined than the adapter back to backs: ADR825, AD797 and 627AU. Could'nt hear much difference between these three but...
 You've probably solved this problem already, but I'll answer anyway for the community. 1) I soldered one end of the lead to ground on the board. The other end was placed between box and back lid before the latter was screwed in place. 2) I found that mains hum differed between wall warts (and to a lesser extent the signal source - portable player/mains connected player). The one supplied with my amp (230V mains) had an inherent hum. I tried a few different wall warts and...
Buck! Must get a reissue of that powerful double live LP.But a double driver headphone? I'm a bit skeptic - single driver phase coherence is quite an asset.