or Connect

Posts by drez

Thanks so much, this will greatly help me in selecting an appropriate LPSU and spend money where it matters and not waste.  Maybe beyond some of the ebay pre-built LPSU (those seem more 3-4mV typically).  I might be better off to keep things simple.  A good LPSU never seems to go astray so I might look for something with at least a couple of rails and decent performance if I am going to the effort and expense of assembling even pre-assembled stuff (but try not to go...
 I may be getting greedy, but after researching power supply to use for the output section of F-1, most I am looking at have noise rating in the uV range, and looking at ADP150 the noise is 9uV.  To get most out of this I am now thinking I should either feed the 3.3V directly from external PSU or else use LDO which is rated 1 uV or less.  The SMT soldering is not something I have experience with, also costly if I need to find hot air rework equipment.  Still using the LDO...
 Thanks for photo, I haven't seen these pins before.  I guess I could solder if I am worries about metal reacting with each other.  Or solder directly point to point.  Not sure if the solder joint would be worse.  I also have some 28AWG silver wire with cotton dielectric, not sure if it's good idea to use that.  I think I might be better off to just keep things as short as possible and hope for the best.  Was toying around with using coax wires or twisted pairs with...
 Thanks so much for the part numbers.  I like your idea for the DC jack.  I think I will do something similar with plastic plate. I was concerned over electrolytic or galvanic reaction between different metal in contacts or in crimp connection (not something I understand), but I'm not sure how important this is, just I heard that previously some hifi companies tried using OFC wire with molex in amplifiers and ran into problems.   I might try and get some solid 22AWG OCC...
 Thanks for posting your mods. I am planning similar installation for my NFB7.32.  I plan to use an external LPSU to power the output section of the F-1. Panel mounting a DC jack would be ideal, say replacing the RJ45 connector.  I have not found something suitable yet. BTW did you find out what the I2S header cable connector is?  I was considering making my own cable but then could not find this connector, and also remembered metallic compatibility might be problem with...
Looks promising.     I am very keen on single dynamic driver if it has flat frequency response out to 1kHz and not too uneven after that.  *EDIT: see notes below   Distortion seems really low from the spec.   *EDIT: Unfortunately not all the measurements were showing at time of my original post.  The shrunk down vert axis seems to downplay the goings-on after 1kHz, which don't appear ideal.  I don't think this matches the Harmann curve too well, which has response...
 I heard similar setup at recent show.  Had no idea that gear was so expensive.  It was decent but didn't blow me away.  For some reason my brain farted and I thought it might be decent-hifi-but-not-high-end-gear I was hearing.  I think I winced a few times at the treble but thought the overall sound nicely detailed and engaging.
I think you can order HE9 without the input shorting so it can be used with any DAC. It should not be a problem as long as this is done.
I used to have DB-510 such a good looking cable. Especially the connectors with the machined silver center pin. Many times I am tempted to get their USB cable they make even though fairly certain it will be behind my current cable in technicalities.