Posts by FraGGleR

They are overwhelmed, plain and simple.  The support staff they have hired are simply not enough to deal with the questions/problems with the GEEK, Pulse, and Wave campaigns.  I remember seeing a picture of Manny sitting in the lobby answering emails on a laptop since there is no real office.   I really think they need to bring in someone with real business/operations experience and expertise if they want to continue to grow with their reputation intact.  They seem like...
I think short discussions of alternatives is fine for a Schiit thread, especially since we are talking TOTL both past and present.  The time I spend on a hobby is free in my calculations since it is weighed against other leisure, non-income generating time.  The tools are an irrelevant cost since I have used them for years and have more than recovered their costs.  So, in my cases, yeah, the only costs I am looking at are $$ out of my pocket to build it.  Hence my...
To be honest, I've grown to like using the system volume keys on my keyboard to adjust the volume. The only time I have issues is when I am trying to toggle the 3d and miss hit the buttons. I also unplug it when not listening due to the heat which let's the OS take over at the proper settings. I control when my computer updates, so problems there.Larry, I would suggest a firmware option to let users pick which way to control the volume and then default to that. If I...
Have a few to share that cost similar to building a B22 (fancy enclosure not included)?  Can build a 2-channel for around $400 and a fully balanced for $800.  Genuinely curious.  
I can only get to 50% before getting my HD800s up to "way too loud" on my Go 450 on Windows 8.1.  Not familiar enough with Macs to help with your settings, but either you listen much louder than I or your settings are off. Also, the more I listen, the more I like it with the T20RPs and the HD650s, but just a bit too lean with the HD800s.  Great resolution, detail, etc., just not enough heft to be a perfect match.  Only a touch disappointed since the HD800 was one of the...
The volume thing is a little funny.  Why have analog volume control and tout it as a selling point (one which I was excited for), and then have the weirdness with computer control.  I will admit, though that it is pretty convenient to use quick key volume control instead of fumbling with the tiny buttons.  I had really wanted the analog volume control for use with Android since it has been hit or miss.  Unfortunately, I have zero functionality with Android at this point so...
If it is rated to 300V and is of large enough gauge to handle the current necessary, does it matter if it wasn't purpose built as power cable?And for others who have chimed in, CL ratings aren't fire ratings per se. They have to do with voltage handled to prevent arcing between adjacent cables (which can cause fires). That is what I have gotten reading more about the spec. What isn't clear is whether or not that applies to just the outer jacket or also the internal...
Buy what specifically? There are links to the parts in the thread. If you are looking for finished cables, there aren't many/any hence the DIY nature of this thread.
Yep, running it into a Schiit Vali.  Tremendous combo, look back a little and you can see just a little bit of my early impressions.
Great find, I was actually just thinking about doing something like that to cool my Geek down.