Posts by FraGGleR

Once you start using the buttons for volume control it shouldn't jump anymore even if you turn the 3d on and off.
Once you hit a button for the first time, it jumps to max volume, but then you can turn it down via the buttons.  So the very first time, don't plug your headphones in until you reduce the volume.
And for the extender comments, the one we got with the Geek Out isn't anything special (not based on their Lightspeed stuff), so any cheapy that is oriented properly or the proper length for your needs will not likely be a step up or down in quality from the one you have.  I will be building my own soon and will post a tutorial for those interested in making their own like I did with my micro USB OTG cable.  Check the DIY subforum in a couple weeks.
Digging around since I was worried about this earlier, I found this again on the Kickstarter campaign website:   Volume control: two buttons and software (Operation System main volume slider sends volume data to Geek which implements the volume change in its internal volume control)You are using the digital volume control of the ESS chipset whether you use the buttons or not.  Currawong's advice is really the only needed at this point.  Choose one or the other and stick...
Nice!  Would be really nice if the Geek could sit in between the fins facing upwards for better dissipation.  I am still looking for something similar to use on mine.
They are overwhelmed, plain and simple.  The support staff they have hired are simply not enough to deal with the questions/problems with the GEEK, Pulse, and Wave campaigns.  I remember seeing a picture of Manny sitting in the lobby answering emails on a laptop since there is no real office.   I really think they need to bring in someone with real business/operations experience and expertise if they want to continue to grow with their reputation intact.  They seem like...
I think short discussions of alternatives is fine for a Schiit thread, especially since we are talking TOTL both past and present.  The time I spend on a hobby is free in my calculations since it is weighed against other leisure, non-income generating time.  The tools are an irrelevant cost since I have used them for years and have more than recovered their costs.  So, in my cases, yeah, the only costs I am looking at are $$ out of my pocket to build it.  Hence my...
To be honest, I've grown to like using the system volume keys on my keyboard to adjust the volume. The only time I have issues is when I am trying to toggle the 3d and miss hit the buttons. I also unplug it when not listening due to the heat which let's the OS take over at the proper settings. I control when my computer updates, so problems there.Larry, I would suggest a firmware option to let users pick which way to control the volume and then default to that. If I...
Have a few to share that cost similar to building a B22 (fancy enclosure not included)?  Can build a 2-channel for around $400 and a fully balanced for $800.  Genuinely curious.  
I can only get to 50% before getting my HD800s up to "way too loud" on my Go 450 on Windows 8.1.  Not familiar enough with Macs to help with your settings, but either you listen much louder than I or your settings are off. Also, the more I listen, the more I like it with the T20RPs and the HD650s, but just a bit too lean with the HD800s.  Great resolution, detail, etc., just not enough heft to be a perfect match.  Only a touch disappointed since the HD800 was one of the...