Posts by FraGGleR

Ok cool, I will bring it.  It is banana plug only right now, but if I have time, I might re-case it with 5-way binding posts.  
I have been using a Monoprice cable to good effect, but have been eyeing this one as an upgrade: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Valab-Optical-Fiber-Optic-Digital-Toslink-Audio-Cable-Male-3-5mm-mini-/251540675179?pt=US_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item3a90fe1a6b I have had a great experience with the connectors that I have bought from them so assume the cable would be solid as well.  I think Audioquest has a 3.5 to toslink for mid $60s as well.  
I just got a note from Oppo  (I had emailed them a while back about demos for the meet) indicating that they will have a representative attending!  They will be bringing a couple PM-1s and a couple HA-1s.  
How powerful a speaker amp do you need?  I have a TA2020 based Tripath amp that I could bring that puts out around 10W into 8ohms.  Not the last word in sound quality, but it is a pleasant listen with decent bookshelf speakers.  Looking online it seems that just some speaker wire is all that would be necessary for the SR-6, so if you didn't have anything suitable, I can easily bring something to use at the meet.
It sounds like you have a defective one.  I had the same issue where I would get a random jump to max volume and some of your other symptoms.  RMA was pretty easy.  Just email the customer service email address and they will take care of you (your friend).
I'd love to hear it, but only if you don't mind hanging on to it for a few more weeks. It is under serious consideration if my Pulse X from LHLabs doesn't end up as good as I hope.
At the risk of derailing, that is an excellent flash.  I have limited experience with higher end flashes and photography, but I can't imagine a better value.  I use one with my Canon T3i and 17-55 f2.8, which I will probably bring to the meet for some hopefully good pictures.
I'm fine to add that distinction.  
What do you guys think of a "Pay what you think is fair" table?  I always seem to accumulate audio stuff (especially cables and DIY stuff) that has just a bit too much value to just give away (though I have done that before), but don't really want to set fixed prices or actively try to convince people to buy them.