Posts by FraGGleR

I could have told you Pizza Hut doesn't have breakfast.
Thanks again to Keith for hosting.  Was great as always catching up with old friends and meeting new ones.   The HEK continues to strike me as the headphone I have been looking for, but with its crazy leakiness, still hard to confirm during meet conditions.  It has a great balance to it, with a lot of what I liked about the HD800 (previous favorite flagship) and HE-6 in it, but with all the edges rounded off a little.  Not as technically wow as the HD800, but what I...
In!
Thanks for setting up. I hope to be there by 10 and will have an 8 outlet Isobar with me. If no one volunteers prior maybe we can organize a coffee and Munchkin run as people trickle in.Also, just about everything but my headphones will be for sale. My Surface Pro, Pulse Xfi + LPS, and a couple LHLabs USB cables. Want a proper laptop (and I have another Pulse Xfi on the way) so everything must go (and below cost).
Oh, and I may just bring the Pulse Xfi for people to try out.  I don't know how long I will stay and don't want to bring too much gear.
 I am 95% sure I will be there.  I remember jerryrigging something last time, but don't remember what exactly it was.  I don't currently have a standard adapter made, but could see if I have any 4-pin XLRs left in the bin.
Just saw this. I'd like to attend but might be out of town. If I'm still around I'll bring my Bottlehead S.E.X. (back from the dead, again) and LHLabs Pulse Xfi (quite a nice pair).
I bought 6 pre-populated Beta22 boards a while ago trying to shortcut the process of building both a balanced and single ended setup, but got stuck at testing them and haven't returned to them since.  I know for sure one board needs to be re-tested and repaired (I shorted something during testing, and have new components for it), and the rest need to be tested for proper functionality.  2 are configured for active ground, the other 4 for regular audio channels.  They were...
I had a channel drop out (with static) on me when I changed the filters during playback.  I freaked out a little since I had just gotten it back from LHLabs for repairs.  Restarting my computer fixed everything and I am quite enjoying the FTM filter now.
I have golden ears...I didn't know it was specifically an impedance problem until they told me after looking at it. To me it sounded like parts of the mix were really far back and echoey. I thought it was a soldering issue since it sounded a bit like when I flubbed the ground wire of a cable I built a long time ago.