Posts by FraGGleR

I probably should have asked prior to buying tickets, but does anyone who has gone before know if each one has to be registered to a name?  I bought two 1-day tickets for myself and Tina, but wasn't given the option to list her as an attendee.
At this point, I should be there.  Not sure what I will be bringing, but my Bottlehead S.E.X. 2.1 and whatever DAC I have at the time (still waiting on my LHLabs Pulse Xfi...) are likely.  I have a newly acquired Kenwood KH-K1000 headphone I can bring since it is hard to find nowadays.  So I would only need a little bit of table space.   Steve/Audio Addict, it won't be a proper meet without you.  I hope you can find suitable accommodations and still make it up.  I'd...
Thanks for the impressions.  I, too, am waiting for an Xfi, with an LPS sitting here taunting me.  As long as these units can compete with a midrange Schiit stack, while saving me the space, it will be money well spent for me.  
Updated:  lowered price, now includes shipping and insurance.     I was an early backer of most of the LHLabs campaigns and over committed funds, so I have two Pulse Xfi's coming and obviously don't need both. I also plan to build a DIY power supply, so I don't need the LPS.  So up for grabs is a Pulse Xfi +LPS combo.  I have the LPS in my possession and the Xfi will get here when it gets here.  Earliest estimates from LHLabs were April since this Xfi is an upgraded perk...
Updated:  lowered price, now includes shipping and insurance.     I was an early backer of most of the LHLabs campaigns and over committed funds, so I have two Pulse Xfi's coming and obviously don't need both. I also plan to build a DIY power supply, so I don't need the LPS.  So up for grabs is a Pulse Xfi +LPS combo.  I have the LPS in my possession and the Xfi will get here when it gets here.  Earliest estimates from LHLabs were April since this Xfi is an upgraded perk...
I stand corrected on the original K701. I didn't know the original cable was a four wire one. I have only modded a Q701 and a 702 AE, so I had to do dual entry for balanced (replacing the 3 pin mini XLR was too irritating and destructive). At any rate since the Kxx has the 3 pin mini, it won't be as simple as the original K701.
Depends on what you consider easy.  Headphones that have cables going to both earcups are far easier to balance than single entry ones.  I'd also say that it is harder to get a strong joint on the round rods of the AKGs than something like the solder pads of Denon or Beyerdynamic headphones.  Even hardwiring Hifiman headphones are slightly less obnoxious once you get rid of the coax connectors.
Just a heads up, none of the K series AKGs are easy to mod for balanced use.  Or at least not nearly as easy as other headphones which simply need a connector swap on the cable.  It is not easy to neatly swap out the 3 pin min XLR for a 4 pin, nor is it easy or very clean to put holes in the cups.  It can be done and their are decent pictures online to help, but having done a couple, I'd say if these were being bought with the main purpose of balancing, there are far...
Definitely disagree with you about the HD650.  I think the HD650s are overall better and more natural sounding.  The Sonys are definitely good, and I quite enjoy the bass, but for my listening preferences,  the HD650s win hands down.  
Fair enough, every has their limits.  I'm more amazed by the people who have been complaining for 10 months straight and still expect it to help.