Posts by Hiyono

From memory, (haven't heard in about a yr. a friend useto bring them over all the time) I find that the hd800 to have too much sibilence with female vocals. I also don't like the u shape sound. The mids are a tad recessed compare to the lows and highs. I agree they it has great detail and separation and airiness. For vocals and jazz. I think the LCD-3 are great. I haven't tried the LCD-x much but those could be to your liking. I love my w3000anv also.
 I updated my mbp (late 2013) to 10.9.2 the other day and tried my AK120 in Dac mode and still no go.  Maybe AK will release a new firmware that will allow it to work now 10.9.2 is out. 
If you like. I'll call the shop on Taipei and ask for you. When I saw it locally 2 months ago. It was 40,000 nt I believe. Which is about $1380 usd. The Taipei shop, when I went last month had it, but I don't know the price. Should be the same for new. I was more interested in trying the LCD-x and xc which they just got.
I know that a high end headphone store in Taipei that has a few them new still. Or they did last month when I went.
Time for esw11ltd to get a cable change too? And see what happens
Yeah, I am surprised too. I saw a new 3000anv and esw11ltd locally last month still. Both are now gone. But in Taipei, a store said they had a few left. If anyone is looking for one. I can call them and see.
There's a few left in Taiwan. I saw a few new ones last month.
Hi, I haven't been keeping up with the posts. Is there a volume control on the hugo? Also how is it with Bluetooth out of an iPhone 5s. Wondering if I can replace my ak120 .
If anyone is looking for an esw11ltd or a w3000anv. My local store still has both new in box.
3000anv shouldn't be considered neutral. It's a fun headphone with great mids and vocals. I didn't like the sibilance on the th900s and I felt the mids were recessed also. The comfort on the 900s were really good tho. I ended up getting the 3000anv after the lax headphone meet after trying both.