Posts by pietcux

Man that is a lot of usage over 10 years. I mean, if the cusions are still fine to you, that's allright. And a good sign of quality.
I had the standard MDR-1 for some month. I was nothing special to me, no comparison to the Signatures. The best thing about it is the comfort. Sold it with a big loss and never missed it. With your V900 you might want to get new earcusions, as those wear out over time and degrade the sound quality a lot.
You can take the Sig Pro as an Edition headphone in a more rugged industrial design, without any bling bling. That is what the Ultrsone CEO says in a video. Same is for the Sig DJ. And yes the driver makes the main difference beside the colour skeme. Both are fantastic for me.
I found a Xonar U7 Echelon used for a good on Amazon today. As the Echelon seems to have a totally different basic driver. I want to test if I can get windows to see it as a 7.1 sound device..... And if that makes a difference that I can hear or is more statistic. I will use the Dolby addon on both cards. Should get it by mid next week, so let's see....
Make sure to install the latest driver package from the Asus webste, it is much more stable. And it is also good to disable the onboard sound device, once you have the U7 installed.
The measurements on Inner Fidelity show the the LCD2 needs o.114 Vrms to give you 90db SPL, whereas the AKG Q701 needs 0.318 Vrms. So the LCD2 is much more efficient as the AKG. And my AKG K702 is more than loud enough on the U7 on medium gain. You might just want to give the U7/ LCD2 a try.
Why not use the headphone out to your Lyr analog in. That is called double amping. The DAC/AMP section of the U7 is quite good already, but they did not have the LCD cans in mind when they decided about the gain of the U7. I bet there are not many gamers using them. I use a AKG K702 or an Ultrasone PRO 550 for gaming and both are powered very well, COD Ghosts or BFBC 2 singleplayers both blow your ears away if you want. Like any other modern game probably, but those are...
I can second that. I have a Xonar U1 and the U7. The U1 has the same software as the Xonar Essence STX that I had some time ago. Even with the STX it was impossible to feel a difference between 2 or 7.1 channel settings. I just finished the sigle player of COD GHOSTS using the U7 and boy did it sound like a full blown 7.1 speaker setup. I did compare the immersion created by the U1 at 7.1 and the U7 at 2.0 and besides that the U7 sounds better in regards of resolution, I...
I did it and got a popping noise that came every 2 seconds. I could luckily get the device back to normal somehow. So only experienced android users shpuld try.....
I have: Clear bass level 5 DSSEE HX ON CLEAR STEREO ON CLEAR PHASE ON