Posts by pietcux

I use a Meier Audio Stepdance. It's successor Quickstep is even a little better. Running on low gain at 2:30 from Ipod Classic (EU version) LOD. One of the best portable amps out there for a reasonable price.
I am one of the burnt customers for sure. I was on the verge of buying an amp, Jason had me on the hook.... Now I think twice, can't help.Peter from Germany
Hi Jan,will this future device have active balanced ground too? It's maybe too much, but would be nice.
I would need a recommendation. For a short 1.2m cable with 3.5mm jack. I only have seen one offer on Ebay so far from China.
Got mine today. Running it fro my Fiio E12A right now. Very nice first impressions.... Ipod Classic 120 GB Apple lossless > E12A> HD700. Treble is much better than what I was afraid of. In fact it did not bother me till now.
You will hear the clicks with every open headphone, else it is not open. For you the Bose QC25 would be the better choice. You will not even hear your worst enemy coming from behind knifing you, that's for sure. So if you want an open can, you will still be aware of your surroundings.
Hi Bellasperson,in your profile it shows that you sold the HD700 in th end. Would you be so kind and elaborate why? Btw, I will get mine on Monday, got the used like mint for 381€.Cheers Peter
This is the good thing of being member of the EU, if they sell to you, you should have equal rights regarding warranty as I would have in Germany.
It is available in the Mediamarkt in Freiburg. But this is the largest in Germany. So maybe they don't list it online because they don't have it in every store.
+1 for the Xonar STX, it has a very decent headphone amp and I did hundreds of hours using Dolby Headphone for gaming sessions. Headphone used was the HD 600 and the AKG K 702.