Posts by TheKisho

Well with Eagle CAD there is a lot of third party libraries you can add and use.  (It seems to have a lot of support from the community).  Still How do I make a part in PCB or in KiCAD?  Is it buried deep in the menu?     I'm have a hard time learning these programs without demonstrations.  It was the only way I became quite good at AutoCAD [with good demonstrations].  Other programs and things in life I can muddle through it and learn, but this is a bit different for...
The limitation is I have to order from Advanced Circuits before they allow me to generate Gerber files with their program [PCB Artist].  They've done that so you have to order from them at least once before using somebody else's PCB production company.  I want to stay away from programs like this so I have choice of who is right to produce the PCBs for me.       PCB seems promising so far but the library of parts are limited and I can only find the 1W resistors for...
The freeware version is limited to 300pins which might be limiting on the bigger projects.  Thanks.     Thanks for the other suggestions.  I'm looking into the first three right now (PCB, KiCAD, and gEDA).  I should of stated that I was on Windows 7 (64-bit) so it would have to be something that works with it.  (I don't mind running virtual machines if some programs run in linux only or runs better in linux [preferred distro is Fedora]).  PCB looks promising by how it's...
I'm looking for a free easy-to-use alternative to Eagle CAD with a good parts library [including audio parts such as DAC chips and other special chips that might not be found in the basic set of components].  My only concern with Eagle CAD is the limitations on the routing area on the free version [Light Edition] (and the over priced Standard Edition).  Both 3.937"x3.150" (100mm x 80mm) and 6.299"x3.937" (160mm x 100mm) routing area might be too small for a few of my...
You've been drinking too much of the kool-aid.  SD to HD is worth it and is well needed, 3D is fake, unnatural [more so in theaters and on 3D TVs (due to how depth perception actually works)] and is a big gimmick [which needs to die (and will be gone in 5 to 10 years, trust me)].  What if you have problem with viewing 3D content due to the way you see?  Good thing you can turn it off.  Besides it's really wasteful, you have to render two images.  There is better uses for...
Oh thanks for that tidbit.  I will make a note of that for when I finally win one.  Easy enough to just add a switch to put it into 96kHz mode.   Oh I was just going to extensively mod it.  Ditching the pre-amp (trust me it's not needed), upgrading components adding a few things.  I think I know how to make it have better sound quality.  I'll list the mods I did and the outcome when I finally get my hands on one.  I really don't want to say too much before, I don't want...
Nice!  How much did that cost you to make and when you going into production? ;D  You do very nice work.  I've been following this thread for a while now.  Would Sennheiser HD600's ear pads work on these headphones or would that ruin the sound? [I don't know much about electrostatic headphones, just curious].  How does the sound on your DIY headphones compare to commercially made dynamic and electrostatic headphones?  I cannot imagine somebody making DIY dynamic...
  You get hit with custom fees?  They must not like you.  I've only had to paid custom fees twice (ever).
Have we figured out if the DMK-IV can play 96kHz 24-bit audio without just playing noise (using either the coax or optical inputs).  If it has issues what is the limiting factor?  (Is it the circuity pre DIR9001 [input->circuity->DIR9001])?  I'm thinking of getting a DMK-IV and modify it a bit to suit my needs and improve quality.  Does anyone know what connector the ribbon cable to the VFD uses, and where I might find a longer ribbon cable (pre-made with connectors)?...