Posts by TheKisho

The Sylvania's were one of the ones I was debating when I was picking tubes.  I'm sure the Amperex are as good as people say but I don't like warm sound as much as others do (maybe you do that's why I brought them up.  I other then being warm it's description appeals to me (and maybe you)).  I happened to be the winning bidder of 2 Siemens ECC88's in my tube search and I was happy enough with the sound I didn't get anymore tubes after them.  You can do some tube rolling,...
Not sure how a Raytheon ECC88 sounds.  Never heard anyone who has tried one.  If it's been tested and it's still with in spec and at a good price worth a shot if you feel like it.  Raytheon is a good name.   Personally I'd go for one of these...
In North America tubes are a lot cheaper.  You can get good ECC88, E88CC, and 6DJ8's for under half the cost of the amp or more (depending on where you look for your tubes, the brand, and where and when they were made by who).  [And stay away from tubes labeled 6N11 on the tube, or Russian equivalents [unless you've done your research] (most are not worth wild (sound wise), and some even have different pinouts)].   If you don't live in Europe or any other place where...
That's not true.  My amp isn't modified and a better quality tube than the 6N11 make a noticeable difference.  Just because the frequency is rolled off at 10kHz doesn't mean a tube cannot improve the sound and change a bit of the sound signature.  I would recommend changing the tube first as it's a cheap and easy to replace item on the amp.  So what if it rolls off at 10kHz not everyone can hear to 20kHz anyway.
Sold within the first 30mins of posting, sorry.
You must of got an amp with a 6V/12V switch (12AU7 is a 12volt tube and not a direct replacement for a 6N11 [6V tube]).   On American Tube names the first number is the heater voltage.  (6N11 is a chinese name for a tube, I don't know their system but I know it has a 6v heater).
Not sure which version you are using [of the amp]. I'm using a Siemens ECC88 A-frame (6 volt tube) [6N11/6DJ8/6922/ECC88, replacement].  This tube is very clear, transparent, detailed and not at all muddy like the 6N11 tubes bundled with the amp.  Not sure where it was made.  The getter is nothing like the other Siemens ECC88s (it is the only ECC88 with an A-Frame I've seen that's not a E88CC).  I'm sure the other getter sounds just as good.
  I've got this pair of AKG K501's a little over a month ago. It reminds me a lot of the sound of AKG K701 but sounds more natural and organic [than the K701]. It just seems to me that the K701's are more analytical [which I really enjoy], with a tad bit more bass quantity and extension. I'm sure I could get more low level detail out of the K501's by upgrading my setup, but I'm slowly upgrading my setup and I was happy with the low level detail on the K701 so I'm just...
Oh, okay I get it now.  Yah I was thinking about that [using parts with the same foot print].  Can I clone those items and rename it?  [In the library].  (So I don't confuse myself when I use a lot of parts).   Thanks for the tutorial I will be getting to this right away!
  I can figure out how to get somethings done with Eagle CAD (schematic view only), but I find with CAD and CAM programs (and probably with EDA as well) your skills in one program doesn't transfer to any other program as everything is different (specially if you love to use the terminal in AutoCAD, no other programs understands those commands).  Sure if every EDA program worked like Eagle CAD things would be simpler, that or if Eagle CAD just did what I wanted for free....