Posts by TheKisho

That is the later version of the AKG K240M's.  I think they ended production of the K240Ms in the late 90s early early 2000s. [They started the K240Ms in the mid-80s if I'm not mistaken].  I've had both styles [not at the same time] and they sound the same to me.  From what I've read there is no discernible sound difference between the two styles.  Looking at the pictures my guess they are mid-90s.  There are two main versions/styles  that matter and the rest are just...
I finally got a replacement to the first damaged one today.  The package looked like it was backed over by something at the post office (it was wedge shaped /| ).  But the record wasn't damaged really by this, it is playable this time both sides with a bit of extra tracking force.  I think it was slightly dish/bowl shaped this time only because of heat during shipping and the packing materials crammed below it, and on top of it [the bottom side had a bit more packing...
There goes that idea.... I got the 45 single last night destroyed by the Postal Service, and Cinder Block's piss poor packing.  Being that it's above freezing it just warped it instead of being shattered.  If there was a good 0.600"-1.250" of padding on all sides of the single it would be perfectly intact.  I've managed to get one side to play with the use of a rudimentary record clamp.  It sounded horrible because of the deformation.  The second side, the side I bought...
I have a slight humming, well actually closer to a buzzing which is just barely audible in the silence of a record.  [Quieter than an ungrounded turntable hum].  I don't think it is a grounding issue as I replaced the entire oxidized ground wire and made sure everything is in working order.  I also suspected it might of been power related but it still buzzes without being plugged in.  I'm currently suspecting the cartridge is not loaded properly (wrong pre-amp).  It...
I finally took the plunge and got the $6 45 single.  With the $10.99 shipping to Canada it's not a bad price [$16.99 total].  Still cheaper than a CD single in a store like HMV (overpriced goods).  [Again there is no CD single of this song].   Now I need to modify and fix up my ADC USB interface for the record player to digitize it [for portable use].  And eliminate the turntable's imbalance with all my pre-amps [not properly loaded; a MM vs MC issue].  But that's a...
Quote: I think might be on their next album but than again I'm guess that is 2-3 years out.  If it was a few months I would of just waited for that.  It's not on any of their other releases as it was written and released after them.  It's their newest stuff.   The copy in the VPK file is a WAV copy, but it's been modified to sound like it's being played on a crappy radio speaker, plus it's mono.  [Yep I though of that too].  (Unlike the other music; like the Portal 2...
  Only when there is more than one program using the audio.  When one program like WinAmp (with plugins) or other program is using WASAPI in shared mode it's bit perfect until knocked into mixing another programs audio into the output (like a browser or VLC or something else), but will return to bit perfect once it's the only program using it.  In exclusive mode it disables all other audio steams but program which took exclusive control.  There has been verification. ...
I've never got a very clear answer or understanding if it's posible to configure ALSA to output a bit perfect copy of a playing music file (as the only sound playing), no resampling or mixing for supported output sample rates and bit rates.  I wouldn't mind it to work like WASAPI in shared mode on Windows Vista and 7 (bit perfect until another application needs to play audio).  Would JACK help configure ALSA to do what I'm looking for?  What settings do I need to play...
I've been looking for a place to buy a lossless (or a wav) copy of The National's song Exile Vilify but I haven't been able to find anybody selling the song other then the lossy MP3 stores and iTunes.  I could always buy the 45 single from their site but I would like to find a source where I can buy it in FLAC (or WAV) before resort buying 45 singles.  [It doesn't even have a CD single release; only a 45 single release].  Nothing against records, but I rather buy a full...
I'm not looking for anything too fancy.  I don't really mind manual input [I never trust auto-filling tags at least with my music files)].  I guess I could just use Google Docs, but the other service has had me interested.  It was simple so I remember, just album title, artist, quality.  It's like a public spreadsheet where everyone can see and others do the same thing.  I'm pretty sure there was a social component to the site as well.  It would of been nice if there was...