Posts by TheKisho

@Kukuk Nice.  What is the source of that pretty picture?     @Griffinhart & @MorbidToaster .... .... .... Shizune is best waifu.
That is the first model released.  It's the PAL version.  All original style PlayStation 1s will have the AKM DAC to my knowledge [Not sure about PSOnes (the more rounded version of the PS1 later on)].  On that model it has the nice RCA output on the unit itself.  The SCPH-1001 is the one people call the audiophile version, so I've read.  The last number only indicates region.  The only thing that should be changed is the BIOS, power supply, and video output section....
My guess is probably not.  The PlayStation 1 has a nice quality DAC [AKM DAC], but the Dreamcast just includes lower quality [audiophile wise] audio hardware (in comparison).  Don't feel down though, it's still one of the best gaming consoles ever made. :)  Just burn *cough cough* a few games and forget the fact it cannot be an somewhat higher end CD Player.
I bought these headphones off a fellow Head-fier at the end of September, early October.  While they sound good, they are not how I remembered them.  I bought them to replace my AKG K701's.  Over the time since I last owned both pairs at the same time, my preferences and tastes seemed to have changed and my memory of them warped by the passage of time.  I've been giving them a fair shot since I've received them to see if I can warm back up to them but needless to say I...
As uncomfortable as I found the Sennheisers that I've owned to be, I found them easier to get use to (sound wise) after extended breaks from headphones.  I still listen to my headphones but the extended breaks have been getting longer since I've been getting busier.  I love my AKG K701's very much but they take a few hours in a row to get use to after an extended break (usually more time then I have at any one time).  I would like to replace my AKG's with a pair of...
  If you compare the audio of the original file and the converted file (lossless formats only) you'll find out you have a bit perfect copy if done right.  [The audio stream, the important part is the same].
If you mean Apple Lossless Audio (ALAC), then there is no sound quality loss unless you are trying to convert a 24-bit 96kHz (lets say as one example) to 16-bit 44.1kHz.  Long as the bit rate and sample frequency are the same you should have a 100% same audio as you started with.  Tags are different, depends on how the converter program handles it but that doesn't change sound quality.  If you mean the lossy Advanced Audio Coding (AAC) format then the answer is you'll...
I don't see why fighting games wouldn't be the best on Windows PCs.  It would be the most direct port of the game.  Most if not all modern arcade machines are Windows XP embedded systems (A few lines of code or a patch will make them [arcade games] run on a Windows computer natively).  Sadly the console gets more fighting games as ports, but I'm just saying it wouldn't be hard to release on them PC.  I would opt for the Windows port when ever possible.  There isn't may...
On the controls they suck for pretty much everything I was to use them for.  FPS, RPGs, Arcade games (Fighting, Beat'em Ups), Menus.  I hope you didn't mean RTS, I don't know of any current generation console RTS but that is a PC only genre.  I dislike the broken D-Pad, and the hard to controls sticks.  I also found the 360 controller works better on PC then it does on the 360 [It's not completely better on PC but man what are they doing on the 360 to make it suck so...
Personally I have to say the PC is a better experience then console gaming.   -Free online multiplayer gaming. [Few exceptions]. -A better community for everyone. [XBL is full 12year old, sexist, racist, bigotist, scum. (and halo fanboys)].  <---personally I've never enjoyed playing online with these people on XBL.  This is the main reason why I let my gold membership lapse.  I feel more comfortable on Steam and just use that instead as I don't have any console...