Posts by TheKisho

Up for sale is my AKG K141 Studio headphones that I bought on Head-Fi few years ago for $90 shipped.  I've recently upgrade my secondary pair of headphones to an AKG K271 Mk.II so I these (K141S) have to go!  They sound great, the ear pads are in great shape, the straight cable has a bit of the outer insulation near the mini-XLR connector pulling away (cosmetic issue).  I'm also including a brand new coiled cable I bought and a soft case which I had and modified to fit the...
Duplicate post.
Quote:   Personally I like to starting by tinning my wires (specially for strained wire) and when possible use a western union joint to join them, then solder them good and strong.  (There are other easier joints that work just as well once soldered, western unions are just habit for me).  Heatshrink is highly recommend, it's designed for that use (in electronics), there are a few other use cases.  Just choose the right one for your task and you should be golden...
  Killing the batteries isn't the reason you shouldn't solder directly to these batteries.  It's for the same reason you shouldn't dispose of them by fire, it just isn't safe.   You can buy tab batteries from sellers on eBay and else where.  Only buy from North American trusted sellers with a high positive feedback ratings.  I cannot recommend electrical tape as a smart solution.  I would advise learning to solder, it is a useful skill.  Tabbed batteries, or battery...
I just got an email informing me they fixed the issue.  Hopefully it's fixed!       UPDATE:  The new files are flawless.  Just redownload the OK Go album and make sure it matches the MD5 Hash 275eed026b85829edd28d9e83c54a31b and everything should be fine now.  Thanks to the always awesome Humble Bundle people!
They know about this issue and are working on solving it.        
I was planning to but since I was out on the weekend I didn't get a chance.  Being as it's late, it's something I plan to do tomorrow.  OK Go and The Humble Indie people are some of my favorites so I hope they'll step up and fix it proper.
The latest, the music one, is awesome but the FLAC files for the OK Go album "Twelve Remixes of Four Songs" are a non-standard modified FLAC format or just plainly corrupted.  They won't play in foobar, only VLC.  They are unable to modified to change tags to add things such as release year (pet peeve).  Any attempts to convert it to WAV then back to FLAC to fix the damaged file fail, either the program doesn't recognize it and fails or it tries to figure it out and it...
Do you live in a one room shack with only an amp and light bulb?  That's extremely low, for such a high rate.  I'm impressed that you managed to use so little.
Quote:   The only components that should see real stress from turning on devices is the power supply [Inrush current hits that first and capacitors and if it's a nice power supply inductors limit voltage spikes and the inrush of current to the devices it powers].  It should be fine long as you aren't turning it off and on like a kid with a light switch (like a strobe light).  The in rush of current is damaging. The best example of this is light bulbs (in the house [car...