Posts by trentino

Thanks guys. I think I simply enjoy the hd650 more than hd600 overall. Simple as that. But, I'm gonna get the p4 anyway for use with other hp's, and will keep the LME49990 in mind. Thanks for the responses.
They are balanced from the pb2. I was talking about the hd600 sounding too bright and harsh from pb2, I wanted opinions on the p4, if it is less bright sounding than pb2. With stock op amps, both pb2 and p4. Because I have not entered the op amp rolling thing. It scares me a bit actually.      
Nice pic Paulybatz :) Love to see pics like that.   Awesome portable amps aside - I H-A-T-E myself and my stupid ears for not being able to enjoy Grado phones. DAMNIT! Too bright.. I just love the the looks of RS2i/RS1i. Beautiful.  
I'm still looking at maybe buying the P4. Have been thinking about it for months. I don't like how the hd600 sounds from my db2/pb2, and something tells me the p4 would do a better job with the hd600. I think it's the somewhat bright sound coming from the pb2 that I don't like together with the already bright hd600 (bright to my ears that is - compared to the dark hd650). I love the hd650 balanced from the pb2 though, but the hd600 are collecting dust. Anyone used the p4...
That is an awesome looking short coax cable. Hmm, would be nice to use with the upcoming iBasso dap and the db2 :) Now Spudharris, how about you hooking me up? :)
Just to follow up on the hirose>2rca-cable - I was told by DoubleHelixcables to get a mini>2rca and not a balanced>2rca-cable,  those can harm the unbalanced amp, according to DHC.
Thanks again. Hm if I buy the parts myself I still need to find someone that can make me the cable. Maybe I should just ask around, make a thread in the diy forum.
Thanks for the info Jalo. I need to find a hirose>2rca-cable. Any suggestions on where to find one? I guess it's diy stuff, maybe someone can make me one.
I am doing that, with the pb2. But I want to try other amps for phones like for example ahd5000, thats why I was looking for impressions on the se out of db2, to feed amps with rca input.