Posts by PanzerIV

Pretty interesting, thanks for all the information. So it's more of a manufacturer's choice and while usualy higher ohm should be better, it isn't necessary. It makes sense that back in the days stuff didn't run on battery so they had plenty of juice through the wall's outlet so there was more higher impedance headphone available.Me too my favorite headphone so far among all those I've had or tryed, is the (Beyerdynamic T90 250Ohm) :) I use it either on my computer through...
A question that might seem stupid at first but I'm still wondering if there is an advantage of having a higher impedance headphone such as the 250 or even the 600Ohm version of the Beyerdynamic as most people said there was absolutely no difference from 250 to 600, and one thing I know for sure is that you need an amplifier once you go above the 32Ohm version, so you need an extra layer of hardware just to drive correctly your headphone and reach their full...
Hi everyone, I know it is more of a headphone related forum but I'm still asking just in case. I've just bought today at a high-end audio store, the (Rotel RB-1552 MKII) stereo power amplifier to be used with my (KEF Q900) speakers that are connected on my computer to my (Soundblaster ZXR) which act as my Pre-Amp. It was a pretty good price at 900$CAD + Taxes instead of 1100$ because it was Black Friday and a demo as well. Anyhow it is the latest technology, 2x130W per...
WOW! Why no one ever told me and that Fiio didn't list this extremly super must-have feature anywhere?! I would never have been able to find by myself this secret shortcut, mostly since they sent me the unit without manual heh. That was a true deal-breaker on the first X5 not to be able to navigate by letters, I wasted so many time and skipped songs I wanted to listen at, just because it was too long to get to the middle of my list. However I still think Fiio are extremly...
 Hi Fiio! Thank you for the quick reply, I appreciate it as well as the explanations of the silicon case being replaced by the plastic case and it kind of make sense. No smell, easier to clean and looks better overall as you don't want to hide the nice "stainless/silver" looks of ur X5. I still think though my refurbished unit should had come with a few screen protectors knowing it is worth nothing. Thankfully I still had 2 left overs from my firstg-gen X5 so I've used one...
Heh there used to be so many beta firmware for the X5, and there is still so much to improve on the X5 II, for example I can't believe that Fiio was dumb enough not to be able to implement a "fast scroll up/down" function that super cheap Apple had 10 years ago already, serious wtf. I so hate having to scroll super slowly from A to Z when I have 15,000 mp3 even if it's by Artists it's way too long. They could have kept it the same way with the wheel but made it 10x faster...
Final as in "There will never be any other new updates for the X5II"?!? I sure hope not as I just got mine today!It kind of sucks though that I've paid a huge 150$USD just to upgrade from the X5 to the V2 as the usb port on my first version broke out of nowhere within a year, and that they didn't even dare to give me a manual, screen protectors and a silicon case with the refurbished X5II I got sent.
Interesting to see a new "T90" but displeasing at the same time to see something theoricaly better while I've already spent a lot on my T90. To be honnest I've had the (AKG K702, DT880Pro, T90) and I don't find the treble to be too high/harsh and it doesn't give me an headache after 1 houre or less, as some people are reporting here. I understand they are less neutral than the 880 but I find the "V-shaped" signature to be more pleasant and to sound good on pretty much any...
Thanks a lot obobskivich for your detailed reply! It helps a lot but I still have a few questions about what you've said in order to clarify a few things. You're right that if Windows crashes, the volume can go sky high but it's really not common anymore with Windows 10 but I still really wouldn't want that to happen since I sit at less than 2M from the speakers. 1- Honnestly I've never understood why pre-amps were so damn expensive for no reason. I mean, I already have...
Wow! Thanks a million time for that quick reply and clear answer :DSo pretty much the ONLY consequence of having the Subwoofer's RCA cable going directly into the subwoofer rather than first into the receiver, is that if I raise the volume of my receiver it will raise all speakers but not the subwoofer, right?Anyway I just thought about it, I don't even think I would meet this issue as with a power-amp, there are only RCA/XLR inputs behind it, then ONLY a power button at...