Posts by PanzerIV

1- Couldn't agree more. The random is totaly broken and when an album ends, it continues in a never ending loop so you never know when you actualy listened to the whole album.2- Being able to scroll faster by selecting letters is a must have asap. The way TheoS53 recommanded it is perhaps the best way. Right now it is totaly useless to pop the volume menu when holding the center button as you already have the volume in a more precise way with the side buttons. You could...
I thought at first that this 10 seconds delay was because the player was loading a too big list of files to browse through but even if I'm viewing an album so about only 8-12 songs, there will still be a delay of 10 seconds before the player is able to respond again when I'll choose a song from the album. At least once I click it it starts playing the sound right away but I can't skip, pause or do anything else before that 10 second delay so it's quite annoying. I mean...
Not sure if I said it earlier but that new beta firmware does make wonders. I can now see my whole 14K mp3 on the X5. I recently bought the "HS6 Stacking Kit" as I'm always using it with the E12 and now also with the Beyerdynamic T90 "no EQ" and it really helps to give it a neat look, even if it won't allow the use of the silicon protector. I'm just somewhat unhappy that they don't make it very clear that the HS6 kit already comes with the great line-out cable so I bought...
Of course I didn't buy all my 14K mp3, it would have cost way too much even at 50¢/Song but from time to time I buy an album from a lesser known band to encourage them. There's no way I'll be buying an album of any big name that may come to your head or that is easily seen on tv, as I do get the choice to where I priorize the few money I have. Anyhow it is starting to be quite out subject.While not being 24/24 that I listen to music, what makes it less special is if it...
I agree that it would be extremly useful. I can hardly believe no one at Fiio thought yet about a different method for scrolling much faster through the library as it's a real pain in the ass having to scroll for 5-10 minutes only to get to the middle of your playlist. Even my crappy old iPod Classic 6 years ago could jump to a different letter when scrolling quickly so I could get anywhere in a few seconds but now it takes me forever and it is totaly unusable. This is...
Actualy for your own information, I did listen AT LEAST once at every single of my 14,012 mp3 as those are from my "approved collection" and since many years I only keep VBR 0. I'm not one of those dumbass who downloads anything then put it randomly on is player then keep doing skip because he dislike over half of what he haves. I don't skip all the time as I did confirm every single songs I have. Of course if you do the math, I haven't managed to build my whole collection...
Even with 30Mb FLAC files, a limitation of only 5800 files would still do only 170Gb so the argument of "it wasn't made for mp3" is still invalid as even if I'd only be having FLAC files I would still be stuck with the same problem. +1 Everything on Internet is in (16Bits 44.1Khz 320kbps MP3) so obviously my library is all gonna be in that size. Even if I'd buy a CD at the store then rip it, it would still be in this format. High-res music is extremly rare and I doubt that...
Really there's a beta firmware that allows for a library bigger than 5800 files!? Damn if that's true please show me where to get it and how to flash the X5 as all I could find on the official website was the final v2.20 :/I still don't understand why the limitation of 5800 files for the library as there is no file limit at all in the "Folder View" however I really don't feel like creating billions of folders such as 1 per artirst then a new one per album for each of those...
I just bought a Fiio X5 used from this forum and it came already with v2.20 but there is a few things which are realllly bugging me so I'd like to know if there's a solution as here is my problem. 1- I bought 2x64Gb cards to put my 14,000 mp3 all on the player but when I build the library, it stops at 5800. Why the f**** is there such a low limitation, mostly on a player that is said to even allow 2x128Gb cards?! 2- When I switch mp3 on my SD card, it is horribly slow as...
Ahh damnit it is sold already (-_-). Next time update your thread title at least. Just a question while I'm here... you could say the sound quality has been improved by how much % over the stock E12 with your modifications? The "newer" E12 that will be using Muse02 opamps is being said to be mostly just for IEM.