or Connect

Posts by PanzerIV

Couldn't agree more. I never had any bug since I had my X5 in over 6 months, and the SQ is really perfect. The only extremely huge cons I had was the file limitation we first had, and not being able to browse in a decent way such as even a 40$ player could do several years ago. Now that the main thing is fixed, all that's left imo is the way to browse faster. So many people have given suggestions of how to do it for the user interface, such as holding the center button to...
Sure it would work that way but I shouldn't have to do such a complex "extremly super ultra mega long sorting" just to bypass the idiots at Fiio who couldn't think of something as simple as holding the center button while browsing the Artist, in order to pop-up a menu with letters from A to Z so you can scroll to ur letter then press the center button again to confirm. I have 14,317 tested mp3 and I already had to create many folders to prevent the 15 seconds user...
It has indeed gone very quiet here. When the hell are we gonna get the feature to browse more quickly as it's been requested already BILLIONS of time and would be very easy to implement?! Anyhow, now with 2.4, there won't ever be any reasons to upgrade until it happens.
I agree that it is totaly useless to have a sleep timer if it doesn't fade and it ony cut the sound suddenly from 100% to 0% lol.@ mcr1, Your idea seems to really be overly complicated. The best would only be to be able to hold the center button then you see a menu with A to Z then use the wheel to get to the letter you want, press center again to confirm the letter, then you continu using the wheel. Also an option in the settings to adjust the sensitivity of the wheel.
Thanks a lot for your input. That confirms now what I thought. You must have many folders like you do in order to avoid the annoying 15 seconds freeze when selecting any songs, as it will automaticly always do that if you put too many files in ONE single folder, like I do with my 15K mp3 in the root directory splitted on 2 SD cards which are even rated faster than yours so it is definitely not a card issue too.Me too whenever I try to compare side by side a Flac file with...
Umm, so if Ihave 2505 mp3 from A to B, that would mean I'd have to create myself "manually" a folder inside "AB", for EACH artists then for EACH albums within those artists!? That would mean hundreds of folders... doesn't seem like a good idea.
Hmm, then I guess the reason why the 15 seconds freeze happens in Library Mode is because the Fiio X5 act like if all these files would be in the same folder? Hmm actualy it might not be the cause and it would be easy to test. Tyke666, since you have over 12K songs you could try the following for me. If you usualy use the X5 through "Directory  Mode", it means that all your songs on the TF cards are inside several directories... well if you update the media library, does...
To me that v2.4 is totaly meaningless and I'll stick with v2.36 Beta until they finaly fix the biggest "deal-breaker" of the X5, which is having no way in the UI to browse faster, and that's a shame as it would be ridiculously easy to implement so seriously what is Fiio waiting for this? Thousands of thousands of users have requested it already since long ago! (-_-) I'd suggest the method this user below proposed. Very simple and...
Yeah seriously why the hell didn't Fiio did it yet?! It's the most important "User Interface" feature that is long awaited since the X5 launched... and the worst in this, is that it would be sooo easy to implement so wtf are they waiting for?! I have 2x64Gb cards with about 15K songs but I have to scroll forever everytime I want to get somewhere near the middle and it really annoys me. I don't even want to think about if I had 2x128Gb cards as they say we can use.
Looks like a good idea! How do I do that though. Can I just press the "Quick Access" upper-left button while playing a song, and then add it to a playlist or I have to go through a complicated sequence of scripting manualy through a notepad file on the computer then transfer that file somewhere on my SD card to the X5?? O_o