or Connect

Posts by PanzerIV

Thanks a lot obobskivich for your detailed reply! It helps a lot but I still have a few questions about what you've said in order to clarify a few things. You're right that if Windows crashes, the volume can go sky high but it's really not common anymore with Windows 10 but I still really wouldn't want that to happen since I sit at less than 2M from the speakers. 1- Honnestly I've never understood why pre-amps were so damn expensive for no reason. I mean, I already have...
Wow! Thanks a million time for that quick reply and clear answer :DSo pretty much the ONLY consequence of having the Subwoofer's RCA cable going directly into the subwoofer rather than first into the receiver, is that if I raise the volume of my receiver it will raise all speakers but not the subwoofer, right?Anyway I just thought about it, I don't even think I would meet this issue as with a power-amp, there are only RCA/XLR inputs behind it, then ONLY a power button at...
Hello! I have a question which I'm sure very few people ever though about or asked yet but I need an answer asap please. I currently have the following: - KEF Q900 (Front speakers) - KEF KHT-3005SE (Center, Rear) - KEF HTB2 (Subwoofer) - Harman Kardon AVR-1600 (Receiver) - Soundblaster ZXR (Best PCI-E Soundcard) I am all connected through analog 1/8 to RCA cables so I don't bypass my ZXR's DAC to use the crappy one in my receiver. I wanted to buy a real power-amp...
I thought I had replyed the messge from Fiio's support ~16 days ago but I've forgot heh. The automated reply I got today said that tomorow they're going in holiday until February 15th (-_-) so that would be an extra 10 days damn. I've tryed also to email XLOElectric but their email appears to be dead and not working anymore, and I highly doubt that Peter will reply me over there if "Info@XLO..." isn't working.I don't get it why my serial number isn't being shown in the...
Hi Shadow and thanks for your help but there's nothing I can do as now, no matter where I plug my X5... computer or any wall/usb outlet, it doesn't even start the X5 anymore and there is no green or even red LED at the bottom like there was before.It's exactly as if nothing would be plugged at all, zero recognization suddently since yesterday and I haven't done anything strange to the player, I even always take highly care of it as it's either in my pockets, sitting on my...
So great... yesterday during the cold winter in Canada, I've moved the small usb cable inside my car that was charging my X5 and I guess it must have messed the port even though nothing seems loose as now the X5 won't be detected anymore on my computer and won't charge anywhere... is there anything I can do or I need to throw this 350$ unit in the garbage because Fiio makes cheap 1$ usb soldering? (-_-)
Same here I had the latest version "non-custom" and now with that new Beta, somehow my battery life seems to be quite better because even with that new bug that the damn screen stays on forever, my battery doesn't empty itself as quickly as before with the screen shutoff, which is strange but in a good way at least lol.
Don't know if there's a new issue or not but the screen doesn't shutdown automaticly such as "screensaver" as it used to be since I've flashed to the new beta, so if I just press "Play" then forget it, the screen will remain on forever and therefore empty the battery quite faster :/ I have to manualy press the upper-right button to shut off the screen everytime now, which is kinda annoying.
It's a shame that after all this time it is still not possible to scroll by letters by holding the center button for example, so we can scroll 10x faster through a list of 500+ artirst. What is so hard in implementing such function that everybody has been asking for since the very beginning?!I find it annoying to lose my favorites everytime I flash but with people's comment here about the scroll wheel and responsivness, I think it's gonna be worth it ^^ Pretty much the...
Wow thanks, that was fast! I will give it a try if I got some time tonight, else very soon this week :)