Posts by PanzerIV

Ya I know they share the same drivers and there isn't much difference but it still not exactly the same as you can read HERE.1- Coiled cable.2- More head clamp3- Different esthetic Oh as for the small font, you can simply hold CTRL then press + :)
Holy thread resurection! I'll just add that I finaly sold my K702 for about 200-220$ then I bought the DT880 Premium in 250ohm version and I am more than very pleased with them. They're even better globaly than my K702 though I prefered the wider soundstage of AKG but that's about it. You can read my whole review at the link below. Else I'll quickly add that I use it on my (Cowon S9) mp3 player with a (Fiio E12) amp and on my computer I plug it directly in my (Soundblaster...
So you finaly found how to fix your issue? Could you please specify what is a "Hybrid AM" so others could know what to avoid. Then why doesn't Asus ship their Essence One with such USB cable without the power pin?! For the price of the unit it wouldn't be too much asked. I wonder if it would have fixed the buzzing sound I had through my speakers "RCA Out" when I was moving a 1000Hz mouse. So if you have the choice between Coaxial and Optical, always use the Optical since...
Yeah you're right. To be honnest when I tryed the E1 at home for 25 days I really couldn't tell the difference at all with the upsampling activated or not and in theory it should be better to avoid any modification of the sampling. In fact upsampling totaly ruin the purpose of "Bitperfect" which most people will prolly aim for rather than upsample stuff. Something badly recorded will still sound like sh*t even if upscalled to 24-32bit while something recorded in a very...
Ahh so USB 1.0 is only for driverless, so people too lazy to install drivers?! Kind of meaningless imo.As I said, very strange if they removed their upscalling feature. Also if you compare the official specs, the Essence III have a SNR of 117dB and THD of -105dB so wtf it's performance are inferior even though the design seems to be overkill and much better?!Output Signal-to-Noise Ratio (A-Weighted) (Front-out) :120 dBOutput THD+N at 1kHz (Front-out) :0.000316 %(-110 dB)
The name of the ODAC/O2 seems to come really often and it appears to have the absolute best price/performance ratio. The portability of the ODAC is great and being outside a computer should means no interference. I have a few questions though about it.1- Is the power circuitry and the opamp used inside are superior to those of the best PCI soundcards? 2- Is it only better for music or it can be an improvement also for games and movies?3- Is there a difference in quality...
Wow... seriously, *****in 1700$US!!! That is really ridiculously way overpriced. I really doubt it's gonna sound 3x better than the Essence 1 so to pay as much as 300% just for about 15-20% enhancement, that's a lot asked. They should offer a version without XLR for all the people who won't ever be using these and don't want to pay a few hundred bucks more for it. I expected about 1000$, 1200$ at most... now I think I'll just forget about it if it has to be the same price...
@TheManko So if I get it right after reading all these pages, this is the best price/quality ratio Dac/Amp you can buy as you'll need to spend over 2000$ to get better sound through headphones... but the question remains about it being paired on loudspeakers. I sure do care about headphone quality but I mostly listen through speakers which is why I ask the question. At this price is there a big advantage to get the Essence One over the best "~200$" PCI-E soundcard as I'm...
Nice to see there's an Asus representent here. It would be nice if we could get an answer for an APPROXIMATIVE.. since I know you guys are on "silence" forgot the exact term.. for the release date and the pricing bracket like 800-1200$? I just bought an Essence One and will return it to the store since I've heard a better version is coming out someday. Question for others, do you still benefit a lot with the Asus E1 for music on a pair of loudspeakers or is it pretty...